Do you think I look ok at this weight or go a little more?

Options
mart001
mart001 Posts: 194 Member
Ok, I would like to get some impartial opinions as to if you think I look ok at this weight or if you think I should continue a little more.
First off, I am 5'7” tall. I started on My fitness Pal on January 4, 2013 at a weight of 282 pounds and now I am at 164 ½. I was planning to go another 4 ½ pounds to 160. My waist currently is about 33”-34”.
You may have read from others, and for me it is certainly true, that it is hard to believe mentally that I am at the size that I am. Of course I know I am smaller, but just have a hard time accepting it. It seems to be pretty common among people that have lost a lot of weight.
So my initial goal when I started was to get to 175, but after speaking to my Dr, we both decided that by going to 160, well 159, that would get me into a healthy BMI range. I was considering going even maybe to 150, but a lot of people are saying I look fine as I am.
That is where it comes to all of you. These people are family and friends seeing me at 282 and seeing me now, of course they will say I look good at this weight. But I would like to see what the public thinks.
I know I can be setting myself up for all types of comments, but I have come so far, and if people really think I can use another 10 pounds off to look good, I have no problem continuing.
I will put up a before picture and some after pictures. The after pictures were from April, and have lost another 7 pounds since these were taken, but look wise really doesn’t make that much difference.

me.jpg

me2.jpg

me3.jpg

me-1.jpg

I realize it maybe hard from a picture, but I would just like your honest opinion.Thank you all so much and have a great night and anyone needs a friend that is on here constantly, feel free to add me as a friend.....

Replies

• massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I think you look great! I have always heard that it is safer to get 5 lb below your goal as you will gain some when you try to start maintaining. Maybe it would be a good idea to stay on a deficit but a smaller one for a few weeks to ease into maintenance.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    We have similar stats, I'm 5'7", and was 162-165 in my teens and early 20's. I looked great then.

You look amazing. Way to rock those pants!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You look FINE, maybe on the verge of being too thin. I wouldn't lose any more if I were you. Then again, your body, your opinion..you don't have to please anyone but yourself. Great job.. and by the way, you are a dead ringer for my cousin "Red" Schnell who played bass viol.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! I think you look fantastic, like a new man, but I would go with what your doctor says. Might as well get in that healthy range and then carry on with your awesome self.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Honestly you have made a lot of progress and I think you look great. You should just stay where you are.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I don't think you need to lose anymore-honestly! You look fantastic!! :)
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Wow great job! And to answer your question you look healthy at your current weight in my opinion, I don't think you need to lose any more. :smile:
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! You do not look to me like you are at all overweight now. Does your doctor think you need to lose any more for health reasons? If not, I certainly don't think you need to go lower to look better. If you feel good at this weight, start maintenance. If you think you would feel better if you lost a little more, go for it! You are already a success.
  • gracie11lexi13
    gracie11lexi13 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You look great.
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I think you look perfect! Congratulations.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    One, you have made awesome progress. Never forget that. My husband weights 166-ish at 5'6, and while yes he does have some extra weight on him, he really looks fine. I do understand wanting to be within a certain BMI, but that is not an end all. It depends on how you feel. If you want to keep going till you feel better, than do so. I know I plan on going until I get to my desired look, no matter how others think of me. Good luck on your decision and hope you come to a conclusion that makes you happy.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Congratulations on your loss! I think you look great and healthy and younger. I hope you are extremely proud of yourself!

I'm curious, what kind of exercise do you do? Did you strength train through your loss? Perhaps rather than focusing primarily on losing more, you would enjoy new goals that have to do with fitness and strength?

If you are concerned about health, get to a weight where your bloodwork is optimal and your energy is great. If you want a certain look, lift weights!

You really do look like a new man.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Great job! :drinker:
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I think you look absolutely lovely. And your face made me smile.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    You sir, have made one heck of a transformation. At this point I'd ask only two questions: (1) are you happy with you? Because objectively, you're looking very healthy and I'd say that you should be damn proud, and (2) is it really a smaller waist you may be after or perhaps gaining some additional strength? Don't be afraid to look in the mirror every day and remind yourself that it's really you that you're seeing there. Then pat yourself on the back.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think you look swell! Congratulations xxx
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, and that huge grin in the "after" photos is contagious. Great job!
  • SweetAuntD
    SweetAuntD Posts: 1
    Options
    you look great and you look like your feeling good. congratulation!!
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I think you look awesome. Fantastic job!!
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I think you look really good as you are now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!