FitBit Flex VS. FitBit One?

Options
Okay, so I am thinking of getting myself a FitBit, I looked on their website and it looks as if both of these models have all of the same specifications. Which model do you guys use? Which is better?

Replies

• Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I have the one because I hate things on my wrist.
  • keobooks
    keobooks Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have the flex because I never have to take it off. I know I'd toss the One in the washing machine. I just know it.
  • chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How do you sleep with the one on? I would knock it off during the night...?
  • rudexvirus
    rudexvirus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I actually planned on looking into this a bit more later on. At 30 days of keeping up with my routine, I get to reward myself with a FitBit, and will probably end up torn between the two.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I like the One. (It comes with a wristband for sleeping.) Either version is good. With the One you know you're not going to get false steps from arm movements.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip, but used the One for three months before losing it and I liked it. The Flex wouldn't work for me because I use my hands a lot at work and it tends to overcount that as steps.
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had decided I was going to by the Flex today, but after reading this I'm not sure! I work with computers all day, and I don't want my typing to count as steps....or housework either!

Decisions, Decisions!
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love my One. Since I change clothes often I wear it on my bra. Never washed it yet. I also dont use it for sleep.
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My sister said she wore hers on her bra, but her um...."jiggle"....registered extra steps. LOL!
  • coffeefreak88
    coffeefreak88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit flex and absolutely love it!!! I've worn a pedometer on my waistband before and had waaay higher readings with it than with my flex so I think it takes into account some of the arm movements. It asks you when you're setting it up wether you're going to wear it on your dominant or non-dominant hand. Either way, it's given me lots more motivation. I've only had it about a week and i'm already down a pound and a half!! it really helps remind me on days that I don't move as much I don't need to eat as much :)
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've had my flex for about 8 weeks & love it. I like that I just put it on my wrist & can forget about it almost. I work at my computer most of the day, but It doesn't register my arm movements as steps (not whilst typing) so I would not let that put you off. I have put mine to the test a few different ways & find it pretty accurate. The only time I take it off is to charge it.
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and I really like it. I work at a computer all day and it really doesn't count those movements as steps. I don't even notice it when I'm sleeping.
  • chocolatexxmintt
    chocolatexxmintt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    After reading all your comments and weighing in your opinions I think I'm leaning more toward the FitBit One! I also work at a desk for most of the day and I'd like something I can be discreet with, like hooking it onto bra!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    After reading all your comments and weighing in your opinions I think I'm leaning more toward the FitBit One! I also work at a desk for most of the day and I'd like something I can be discreet with, like hooking it onto bra!

That's why I picked the One. I also never have concerns with extra steps counted for typing or driving, nor steps going uncounted if I walk carrying something so my arms don't swing.

The One is easy to lose, however. I washed mine once, and Fitbit kindly replaced it. Since then I've become so accustomed to wearing it that I haven't ever forgotten it. It goes from my waistband (or bra if I'm wearing a dress) to my after work clothes to my pjs.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'd def go with the One over the Flex. How can a wrist based tracker be accurate? Especially when pushing things, like a mower or stroller.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and love it .....I too hate things on my wrists
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My sister said she wore hers on her bra, but her um...."jiggle"....registered extra steps. LOL!

Best thing I've read all day. :laugh:
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the One and love it. I wouldn't want the bracelet on all the time plus the ones I see on people here at work just look stiff and uncomfortable. I also like the sleep band that you use with the One. It's comfortable and I never realize I have it on.

But whatever you choose, I think just getting one is a good investment in your health. I've joined some Fitbit groups and the competition factor is really spurring me on. And that will do nothing but benefit me in the end. :)
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and I love it.
    I work a desk job and have had no issues with hand movements being counted as steps. I like that I don't have to worry about taking it off (except to recharge) because I'd likely leave it at home half the time.

So far it seems pretty accurate to me. I have a lawn service, so counting steps while mowing isn't an issue. :laugh:
    The bracelet isn't stiff and doesn't interfere with my typing, etc.
  • vls1127
    vls1127 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I ordered the One and expect it to be here Saturday. In my line of work, there is a dress code policy of no extra jewelry besides a watch on the wrists. That is why I went with the One.