Help, My weight loss has stalled

Options
morf13
morf13 Posts: 151 Member
I have logged in and counted calories here for about 55 days in a row here. I have lost about 23-25 pounds(I say 23-25, because for the last 5-6 days, I am fluctuating back and forth. One thing is for sure, my weight loss stalled over the past week.

A couple changes I made about a week ago may have effected me, and I am hoping for opinions.

The first several weeks, my diet consisted of a banana & yogurt for breakfast (330 calories), celery carrots, peanut butter, cheese stick, yogurt for lunch (500 calories), a bag of baked chips for snack (160 calories), and various dinners that were about 1000-1200 calories. I drank lots and lots of water and went to the gym about 3 days a week, burning about 300 calories per time(My goal was always to burn off my breakfast calories).

Here is what changed over the last 7-10 days: I have not drank as much water, due to some personal issues, I have only been to the gym once in the past week, and since I have gotten used to eating so little, I now have cut breakfast to one yogurt(200 calories), lunch is a yogurt and cheese stick(270 calories), I cut out the baked chips as a snack, and then eat a heavier dinner, 1200-1500 calories.

Am I not eating enough?? Have the couple changes I made combined to slow my weight loss down? MFP has me taking in 2400 calories a day or so in order to lose 2 pounds a week. I never go over that.

Advice is appreciated! Thanks

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    weight loss is not linear and not losing weight for 5-6 days is not a stall.

not losing weight for 5-6 weeks is a stall.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I upped my protein and lowered my carbs a bit. And then add some cardio in and the scale should get moving against! ????
  • Norainva
    Norainva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have found that eating a steak (with a little of its fat) or something else full fat gets me going again. A friend who lost 60 pound found the same thing. Don't go crazy or anything but give your body some extra fat (avocado, steak, coconut oil) for a day and to let your body know you're not starving.
  • Armwrench
    Armwrench Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Okay there are a few things you can do here if you chose to. First take a look at your carb and protein intake. Men should have minimum of 90 grams of protein which is gotten from meats, eggs and cheese. With your yougurts not sure which ones you get but in the south there are yogurts called carbmaster at Kroger that are low in carbs but high in protein. Get rid of the chips altogether those are wasted calories use a protein bar such as Quest they are high in protein and low carbs the cookies and cream is awesome or you can use string cheese.

Not drinking at least 8 glass of non-sugar drinks does effect your weight. Your body will prevent you from going into dehydration and if you lower your drinking your body begins to hold onto your fluids.

Second track your measurements not just the pounds. Our bodies tend to lose one or the other and since your working out I would bet you are losing inches. What you see is I lost 68 pounds but what you don't see on here is that I have lost more than a total 100 inches within my thighs, arms, neck, waist, hips, calves, chest and hips.

Third it is frustrating believe me I have been working on my weight for years but stick with it you will start to lose again.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That is a minor stall. Maybe look at when you are taking in your calories. Heavier in the morning and then taper them off throughout the day. You dont need 1000+ calories at the end of the day to sit there when you go to bed. My Dr has said to me eat like a Queen/King in the morning, Princess/Prince at Lunch and then a Pauper at Supper with two healthy snacks in between.
    Also try to eat the majority of your carbs earlier in the day.

Good luck!
  • morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies everybody. I will try some of these ideas!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I think the exercise was making a big difference for you. Those exercise cals put you at a greater deficit.

That said, give it a full week before you worry. When I eat a high carb meal, it takes me about 5 days to see my true weight.
  • adopp062715
    adopp062715 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Maybe try spreading out your calories during the day a little better. Also, the not exercising this week probably hasn't helped much. Try to get back into gym and you probably start losing again.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    weight loss is not linear and not losing weight for 5-6 days is not a stall.

not losing weight for 5-6 weeks is a stall.

THIS.