How Much Are You Willing To Pay For Gas

Options
My dinner discussion with my husband was about global economy and rising gas prices. I am playing $3.99/ per gallon, the weekend after Memorial Day. I'm going to project the average price I pay this summer will be around $4.40 +/-. I have my set amount of $4.50-$4.75 before I start curtailing my activities and minimizing travel.

What is the highest price you are willing to pay for gas?

Replies

• the_great_beyond_
    the_great_beyond_ Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    1 serving of mexican food.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Do we really have a choice in what we pay? I like you will curtail my activities if it gets to say $3.75 where I live. Currently, it averages around $3.33.
  • eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Motorcycling, whether it's commuting to/from work, an evening ride, or a weekend ride is my TWO WHEELED THERAPY.
    So basically I'll pay whatever I need to in order to keep what little sanity I have left!!!

Demented Dave
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Considering I have to get to work, kids have their activities, etc. I really don't have a choice on paying or not. I don't have to be happy about it, but my willingness or not is irrelevant.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Currently paying $1.60 a litre/ $6.40 a gallon.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Paid approx. $8.60/gal. for gas recently.

Suck on that, North America.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have cut back a lot on driving that is not necessary, but I do this when the price passes 3.70 or so.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a choice so something else will have to suffer.
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    I don't drive a whole lot so the price of gas doesn't affect me much.
  • the_great_beyond_
    the_great_beyond_ Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Damn it feels good to live in a walkable city
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    The price of a Metrocard.... but then again those are getting too damn high too. :grumble: :grumble:
  • at_night_bookstore
    at_night_bookstore Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    nothing

i'd like to keep farting for free!!!
    #freethefart
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm currently living in Bahrain and planning to move back to the UK. Petrol in the UK is nearly 10x the price that it is here. I think I'm going to be :sad: every time I fill up the tank for quite a while after moving....

planning on walking most places if at all possible to save petrol though.... and looking at buying a small engined car that does a lot of miles to the gallon.
  • PNJB796
    PNJB796 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    In the UK we are typically paying £1.27 per litre (Your equivilent to $2.13 per litre). A gallon equals 4.55 litres, so at our price, a gallon of petrol (gas) costs us £5.78) and in your currency $9.69.

Don't worry, you have a long way to go before your fuel costs come anywhere close to ours!!!
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I remember people complaining when it hit $1, and $2, and $3, and $4
    "I can't afford this"...and yet they keep driving.
    Cars keep getting better fuel mileage, so price to travel a mile goes down...and really should be the thing people talk about.
    Guy at work was driving a huge SUV, got 18mpg, and it burned a gallon each way to and from work.
    He bought a Volt. He was in the break room telling everyone that in the first 6 months of owning it he put in 6 gallons of gas, as the battery covers everything except the last mile or 2 of his daily trip. He gets home and plugs it in to recharge. That cost him less than a $1.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Considering I have to get to work, kids have their activities, etc. I really don't have a choice on paying or not. I don't have to be happy about it, but my willingness or not is irrelevant.

This
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just filled up today at $4.05/gallon. Unfortunately, I have no choice as I commute about 50 miles a day back and forth to work.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    yapyap.gif In Ireland it's approximately €1.50 per litre (US$7.80 per US gallon)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    In the UK we are typically paying £1.27 per litre (Your equivilent to $2.13 per litre). A gallon equals 4.55 litres, so at our price, a gallon of petrol (gas) costs us £5.78) and in your currency $9.69.

Don't worry, you have a long way to go before your fuel costs come anywhere close to ours!!!
    Don't lie to the Yanks. A US gallon is smaller than an Imperial gallon. A US gallon is 3.78541 litres.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't pay for it.
    I wait until I'm almost empty and give my fiance an errand he has to run in MY car.
    Then he fills it up using his gas card.