Multiple CSection Mamas!

Options
I am looking for other moms that have had multiple csections. I feel alone. I feel like my body is the only one that looks like hell! I have an overhang, saggy mommy skin. Help!! Looking to lose 35 pounds.

Replies

• cynthialsellars
    cynthialsellars Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi im new and i have had three csections looking to lose 55 lbs
  • KrazzyJazz
    KrazzyJazz Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi. I had 2 csections in 13 months. (Now a 2 and 3 year olds) I still have 10-20 lbs to lose, but want the shelf gone.
  • Jenn_Lyn1102
    Jenn_Lyn1102 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have only had one C-section, but it was awful. I wish what I experienced on NO one!! I feel you on the overhang, saggy mommy skin!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections too! I have seen great results from doing a combo of Jillian's DVDs, running and some strength training.

It took me a while to get feeling back around the scar tissue, but I don't notice it as much anymore. My c-sections were 10 & 8 yrs ago. I remember the 1st one being so hard to recover from. The 2nd one I was up and moving so much quicker.

Good luck! You can do it!! :smile:

ETA: my favorite Jillian workouts are Six Week Six Pack, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, and 30 Day Shred. They are all awesome workouts!
  • Kayley403
    Kayley403 Posts: 7
    Options
    I had a c section 3 months ago, and like jenn_lynn1102 I wouldn't wish that recovery process on anyone! A personal trainer at my gym who specializing in post partum suggested working on re building strength in my core,and to have patience, after all it is a major surgery, and having to look after a newborn on top of that...let's give ourselves some credit ladies!
  • findingjanelle
    findingjanelle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 and I am in the same boat. I hate the saggy lower belly that is just above that big scare ! I have 16 lbs to go , I found boot camps and a lot of core helps with it, but I fear it will never be like it once was :( But worth it for my kiddies to be safe on delivery :)
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I'm Jennifer. I've had two- one 13 years ago, (after 20 hours of labor) and a scheduled one four years ago. I think the worst side effect is the havoc it wreaks on your abdominals. I mean, by the time I could even FEEL them again, the muscles were shot!
    I'm slowly working my way back- MFP really helps.

Sending you a friend request.

Edit - I want to look like Mama Funky! ^ Wow!
  • AwesomeLisa
    AwesomeLisa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had 3 C-sections. My last was 3 years ago and I have the saggy horrible overhang too. Would love to get rid of it so that I can where a bikini again. :0(
  • 9Chelle28
    9Chelle28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I've had two myself and just never been able to feel like I look good since. I've got a lot to lose but I'm pretty determined.
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I had two, 15 months apart. And I've lost about 30 pounds since this, but struggling as the weight is going back up. I have PCOS, so I have this lovely tendency to hold weight in my middle no matter what I do. :grumble: But I've been working and working at it since I joined two years ago!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I have had 2, 10 years apart. Most recent in 2009. I lift heavy and that has shown me the most results.
  • JDRGirl
    JDRGirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had two unscheduled c-sections, also have a table over the scar, looking to lose 35 lbs right now. It seems so daunting. I just started walking/joggiing..more jogging than walking at this point. I have been doing a calorie blast yoga dvd at home, and I have already noticed that my strength and flexibility have increased. I also do Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, Jillian Michaels yoga burn (faster, more intense poses IMO) and a pilates dvd. I also have been trying very hard obviously to eat more fewer calorie meals through out the day, and making sure i get a proper serving of veggies, proteine and healthy fats..it is not always easy lol. I have lost just over 4lbs in the last 3 weeks, which seems slow, but im also nursing and i dont want to lose weight to quickly cause when the fat breaks down too fast, it can actually put toxins into your milk, and obviously thats not good for baby :) anyways, hope this helps :) feel free to add me!
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Two c-sections, the nasty hang, and looking to lose 60ish. Here to support and looking for some saggy love!!!! xo
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I've had 2. January 2011 and February 2013. 2nd was planned and way better than the first. I just want to be closer to 100 than 200 and lose the hang...I heard its called an apron. 45lbs to go. damn kids.
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've had 2. January 2011 and February 2013. 2nd was planned and way better than the first. I just want to be closer to 100 than 200 and lose the hang...I heard its called an apron. 45lbs to go. damn kids.

I love you! And the "Apron" MUST GO!!!
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections. My kids are worth each and every one and I would not change that for the world.

The overhang has gone with the excess weight and I feel great.
  • THEmrsmurphy
    THEmrsmurphy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is a great thread... I have had 3 c-sections so I have that horrid overhang..... I want to get this off.... it's my main problem! I have about the same to lose as you... maybe more depending on how I look! I will friend you! :smile:
  • Mandi5512
    Mandi5512 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have the nasty shelf as well. I have had 2, one in Jan. 2012 and most recent April 2014. Even though the little ones are worth every stretch mark, its difficult not feeling confident in my body. I gained 100 lbs with my first pregnancy going from a size 5 to a 14 post 1st and 2nd baby. Even tho the second was much easier on my body and I have lost all the weight from that pregnancy, it has made things droop even worse lol. I have already lost 14lbs I have 43 to go to be post both babies!
  • londette
    londette Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 C-sections and am still losing the weight since having my twins. I'm nervous about how my stomach is going to look after I have lost it all.
  • AbenaPortia
    AbenaPortia Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. At least we can all share our stories/success and know that you are not only. Three c-section 2004, 2008, and 2013. I started this weight-loss journey a month ago and I have lost 11 lbs. I will start insanity workout on Monday mainly to see if it can help with this overhang.