I need a motivation partner...

About 6 to 7 weeks ago I finally buckled down and started eating healthy. No more junk (except on special occasions...birthday parties are hard to say to no to a cupcake), which is a huge step alone for me because I have a killer sweet tooth! I walk with my dog but it's not enough anymore and my poor old (overweight) dog just can't handle more than 1 walk around the block. With today's society and the fear of what may never happen to me, I don't want to walk alone... which leaves me in the house doing nothing. Since I am a single mom, I am limited on my workout times (mornings are pretty much it since evenings are for my kids). I need a motivation partner to get me outdoors or working out of some sort. Someone that I can rely on to fuss at me if I am not doing what I am supposed to do. I'm in Clarksville, TN if that matters. Also open for anyone who would like to add me on here to keep me motivated. I'm pretty good at giving motivation too...just a procrastinator in my own life.

Replies

• O2bfit2013
    O2bfit2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I was wondering if you are still looking for a motivation partner. At the end of last year my son and I joined a local weight loss/fitness group called Committed to Kids, through our local hospital. Not cheap, but worth every penny! We lost 35 lbs, combined, in 8 weeks. We were doing really good! Then came Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then 13 snow days, then 2-3 weeks of the flu!!! We just got off track. I've managed to keep off the 20 I lost but I'm starting to go back up and so is my son. I would like to lose another 20-30. I am still working out though not as much as I was. And I quit keeping track of my food which really helped me at the time I lost. Some days I eat good, other days...well... I found that being accountable helped me tremendously. So I'm looking for someone to be held accountable to. I have gained a lot of knowledge through the class and very willing to share and help motivate someone else. My dad had a heart attack at 50, then another at 57 and died. I am almost 44 so I really need to wake up and get serious!!! :)

- Missouri gal
  • picotons
    picotons Posts: 14
    I lost quiet of bit of my pregnancy weight doing T25 and drinking Shakology everyday. It is SO hard to lose the weight. Sometimes eating right doesn't get you where you want to be. I would love to help you through your weight loss journey. Let me know if you want more info. =)
  • karidestini13
    karidestini13 Posts: 5 Member
    Local to Clarksville and not trying to sell anything, just looking for walking partners with my newborn :)