hello new here

Options
Just joined this week and Im doing 2 different workouts Golds Gym Dance and Biggest Loser workout for the Wii. My friend suggested this site to me and so far I love it. I hope it keeps me motivated to loose my weight!..although Im not getting on the scales cause I dont want to get discouraged like last night. My jeans fit better but I lost NO weight. Cant wait to see results!

Replies

• Miff2373
    Options
    I'm new as well just finding my way around the site. I don't want to weigh myself as well until I have my weigh in down at my local as a few friends and I are doing this together.
  • Miff2373
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:
    I'm new as well just finding my way around the site. I don't want to weigh myself as well until I have my weigh in down at my local as a few friends and I are doing this together.
  • Bstyles05
    Options
    I just joined as well. I'm in need of some much needed encouragement and motivation! I recently lost 20pounds but I stopped 2 months ago and gained back about 7.5 pounds! I've have the same issue with the scale. I couldn't stop weighing myself and when I wasn't seeing the results as I as quickly as I wanted I became discouraged! I found this website and figured I'd give it a try! Hopefully I'll stay motivated. Good luck to you!!:)
  • Galaxie5
    Options
    Hi, I am aslo new!
    how do you find the wii game?
  • Beatricex4
    Options
    Hi...just joined and looking forward to what GOD and I are going to do in 2011. I have to lose weight so that my cholasterol will drop. The doctor put me on medicine but I refuse to take it because I know once I lose weight it will decrease (it has in the past). Well that's my story. Good luck to all of you...stay tuned!
  • SMorris317
    Options
    Hi there, Well I know how you feel about the scale.... but you can't keep looking at the scale for results. That will drive a person crazy. When you start to work out, you will slowly start loose the fat and gain muscle which is heavier than fat. So when you feel like there is a difference but when you jump on the scale it shows otherwise, don't beat yourself up. As long as you see that your clothes are loosening up and you feel great, you are on the right track. So it's not all about the scale but how you feel just as well. keep it up!!
  • Harp123
    Options
    I just joined!! I'm ready to do this!!
  • WeightLossTrek
    Options
    This is my first week here as well. I have been really exploring this site and have found that it has lots of really useful features. Good Luck with your journey!
  • Larry1369
    Options
    Hi there, Well I know how you feel about the scale.... but you can't keep looking at the scale for results. That will drive a person crazy. When you start to work out, you will slowly start loose the fat and gain muscle which is heavier than fat. So when you feel like there is a difference but when you jump on the scale it shows otherwise, don't beat yourself up. As long as you see that your clothes are loosening up and you feel great, you are on the right track. So it's not all about the scale but how you feel just as well. keep it up!!

This.

if you're really worried about where your weight is going, do the measurements part of the site. This thread and post reminded me to do so.
  • smilestb99
    Options
    I was always a person to weigh every day. It's been proven however, that people are generally more successful if you just work hard and weigh yourself once a week. I finally had my fiance hide my scale and bring it out on Fridays. Your body fluctuates so much that you just may be retaining water, gaining muscle, etc. You can't expect to lose every day, just keep motivated and look forward to the day you do weigh in. :smile:
  • erinleigh1128
    erinleigh1128 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Erin and I am new to myfitnesspal.com. I am insanely lazy and super picky when it comes to food so losing weight is a chore for me. I have two boys that keep me on my toes and I work (very few hours) as a home aide for kids with special needs while I am going to school. I am hoping when I drop some weight I will have some energy! I am 5'3" and 200 pounds!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the welcome greetings...and encouraging words..if any of you wants to add me you can. I wish all of you good luck in your adventure as well. I did take your advice and did the measurements but wondered why the neck meausrement? I would love to see a thigh and upper arm measurement too but no option for it!???? OR is there? So far I am sticking with it but its not been even a whole week yet. I am drinking a lot more water than I think I ever have. I got some green tea to go packets and put them in my water. I learned a little trick from a friend of mine...they dont have any sodium in them like the premade stuff does!!!!! I have felt a lot better this week than I have in awhile...now if I can just melt off the pounds!
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU! We can all do it! Its not easy but together we can do it!
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    Options
    Galaxie5 I do the biggest loser..the older version and gold gym dance. The games are pretty easy to understand they will walk you through step by step and help you set up a program built for you. If you get the biggest loser and do the challenge start off slow and test it out first.! Good luck!
  • Chrispwheats
    Options
    New here. Just testing my ticker..