30 Day Shred question?

Options
Hi there! I started the 30 Day Shred 4 days ago, but because I live in a very old apartment/flat, I have felt uncomfortable doing the cardio circuit as intensely as Jillian shows. Rather than jumping jacks, butt kicks, etc., I have been simply jogging in place to avoid the entire flat shaking and rattling and annoying my neighbours. I'm a bit worried that I may not be getting the full benefits of the program, and I wondered if anyone else had the same experience. Has anyone modified the cardio at all? Did it effect your results? I absolutely love the program, and I already feel stronger! Just don't want to expect great results and be disappointed that it wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. :)

Replies

• DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've had to modify it when my kids are sleeping.. but i found a spot on my floor that is a little less squeaky and try to do it there.
    I find some things are less noisy then others and switch it for those.. I can't recall right now but maybe the skaters and "jump rope" are not as noisy as squat jumps.
    And the jumping jacks on plank pose are so noisy! I think there I do mountain climbers, if you are light on your feet, its not noisy at all. And yes, it has worked, but I also added 30 minutes of walking a day and changed my diet somewhat. So its probably a combo of all 3.
  • ddhow
    ddhow Posts: 2
    Options
    Ah, that's great! Thank you! Maybe I'll test my floor and see if I can find a less noisy spot. ;) I've been jogging every other day and calorie counting, so maybe I'll end up doing as well as you! Thanks very much for your help! :)
  • 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i used to always to do same jumping on all of my fitness dvds (including 30 shred) and now that part of the floor is really squeaky and feels out of place when i jump on it but the other side of the room makes less noise so i use that.
    i used to be really cautious when jumping so as to not disturb anyone and neighbours, but then they started redecorating and the noise did my head in for 2 months so now i just jump it all out.....revenge.....
  • operaprincess1
    operaprincess1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I modified the jumping as well when I lived in my apartment and would only work out when I saw the neighbors leave. Eventually, I would go for a run to get in cardio, then modify the cardio portions in the dvd to fast squats with jumping jack arm moves and back kicks for the butt kicks. It worked up quite a sweat and I still lost inches, but made for a much longer workout that required careful planning. Good Luck.