Chick-fil-a eating out responsibly

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    At Chick-fil-a, I usually get grilled chicken sandwich with a large or medium bowl of fruit.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many calories you have to spare. I usually get the bigger order of the chicken nuggets and I steal a few of my husband's fries. I don't do grilled chicken at fast food restaurants anymore after getting a sandwich with half-cooked chicken from McDonalds once - I've developed an irrational fear of grilled chicken on the go. And I certainly don't order salads at fast food restaurants - I'd honestly rather stay at home and throw something together. I haven't been to Chick-fil-a in months - sounds tasty.

I totally get this!! I am the same way about grilled chicken AND fast food salads.

My only exception (to both rules) though, is Wendy's. They do salads really well, including the ones with grilled and/or non-breaded chicken.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    For me, the only time I ever crave that place is during winter when they have their Chicken Tortilla Soup...that stuff is so good!
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    They actually have a meal calculator online so you can plug in various options before going and see exactly how many calories, macros, etc. are present in your meal. Worth checking out.
    http://www.chick-fil-a.com/food/meal
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Any of the grilled sandwiches are pretty good choices, but I usually get the nuggets and fries and just make room for it in my day.

ETA: There's no way I'm going to Chik-fil-a and NOT getting those waffle fries.
    \\

Agreed. I'm allergic to wheat so the fried chicken is out for me, sadly, but the waffle fries are a must. They're the whole reason I go.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    We go every Friday. I get the Cobb Salad with the Avocado Lime Ranch dressing, milk and eat some of the kids' fries. It's 920 calories, but I fit it in.
  • coolcoolcool2
    coolcoolcool2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I get the grilled nuggets and a medium waffle fry. The grilled chicken has so much protein. It is expensive but delicious.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    was i the only one scratching his head trying to figure out a sexual pun that wasn't there before clicking the thread?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Fortunately for me, ChickfilA doesn't stay inside me long enough to "disrupt" my diet (it disrupts other things), but I usually get the char grilled club with an extra cheese because they always put the toppings on the bottom, away from the cheese. This way I can be sure the register monkeys don't forget to tell the chefs to put everything on one side how I like it - extra cheese is easier than breaking the paradigm of how they build sandwiches.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    For only 340 calories and a good deal of protein and vitamins, I'm addicted to their Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap! It's wonderful<3 I'll usually pair it with a medium (50 cal) or large (70 cal) fruit cup for a satisfying and filling meal for a reasonable amount of calories :)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many calories you have to spare. I usually get the bigger order of the chicken nuggets and I steal a few of my husband's fries. I don't do grilled chicken at fast food restaurants anymore after getting a sandwich with half-cooked chicken from McDonalds once - I've developed an irrational fear of grilled chicken on the go. And I certainly don't order salads at fast food restaurants - I'd honestly rather stay at home and throw something together. I haven't been to Chick-fil-a in months - sounds tasty.

I totally get this!! I am the same way about grilled chicken AND fast food salads.

My only exception (to both rules) though, is Wendy's. They do salads really well, including the ones with grilled and/or non-breaded chicken.

Same here! Grilled chicken at fast food places always tastes rubbery, and I never like the greens in the salads. I haven't had Wendy's in a really long time, though.

OP, depending on the number of calories, I order the regular (not grilled) nuggets with buffalo sauce (so delicious!) with a fruit salad on the side, or, if I've got more calories to spare, a Chick-Fil-A. If you don't care to eat the bun, then that saves you some calories, but to me I'd rather just get nuggets then. Something about the combo of bun+pickles+chicken... In the alternative I might get the nuggets with some ranch sauce.

That's what I choose because I learned about eating like a normal person while losing weight. Years ago I'd order the Southwest grilled chicken salad with a light dressing, but where's the fun in that?

If I really have extra calories to spare, I'll get some carrot and raisin salad because YUM.

Edited for typo
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Chick-Fil-A - 12 Grilled Nuggets: 200 cal

That actually sounds really good. With some buffalo sauce. Yum.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    if I've got more calories to spare, a Chick-Fil-A. If you don't care to eat the bun, then that saves you some calories, but to me I'd rather just get nuggets then. Something about the combo of bun+pickles+chicken... In the alternative I might get the nuggets with some ranch sauce.

I always get the chik fila and don't eat the bun. It's about 230 calories that way, and it seems like more meat than ordering the nuggets. Their nuggets are good but tiny.

I love their ice dream ice cream though so I usually make some room for that too.

I did not know they had cobb salads though as some people were saying. I'm going to have to look for that.
  • passionflwr1
    passionflwr1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I always get the grilled chicken sandwich and the nuggets. They have the grilled nuggets now, but haven't tried them yet.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Not Chick-fil-a, but Popeyes is my go to fried chicken joint. I go on days where I've biked a lot and gone to the gym, so I can fit in 2 pieces of dark fried chicken, coleslaw, and 2 biscuits. Yum.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I had Chick-fil-a for breakfast this morning and it was yummy. I had a chicken biscuit with a fruit cup. I love there grilled market salad with light italian when I go there. Or the grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad or fries. I always get that if I am dieting or not. That is just what I prefer to eat from CFA.

My sister works there and she says the grilled nuggets are actually really good.
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken for dayssssss just gotta hold back on the dipping sauces that are so dam good
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I hate the fries. I have a grilled chicken sandwich and ditch the bun with a diet lemonade. I love their diet lemonade.

And if I have lots of extra calories a small peach milkshake when it's peach milkshake season.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Fortunately for me, ChickfilA doesn't stay inside me long enough to "disrupt" my diet (it disrupts other things), but I usually get the char grilled club with an extra cheese because they always put the toppings on the bottom, away from the cheese. This way I can be sure the register monkeys don't forget to tell the chefs to put everything on one side how I like it - extra cheese is easier than breaking the paradigm of how they build sandwiches.

You have a hack for every fast food restaurant known to man.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Oh. And the kid's sundae is awesome.