Favorite snacks under 50 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    50 calories? Sorry but 50 really seems like a waste of effort.
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    50 calories of anything probably wouldnt fill me up. But when I'm looking for a fix to the mindless snacking at my desk... my current obsession is baby carrots and sriracha for dipping. Sounds weird but its delish!
  • 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    probably 1/2 a jelly bean, or cherry tomatoes, generally raw and steamed veggies with fresh herbs should do, like others said popcorn is really light and you could make it your own and experiment with flavours eg nutmeg, cinnamon and stevia if you want to add sweetness or savoury like herbs and a little olive oil
  • bellyxray
    bellyxray Posts: 6
    Options
    16 slices of turkey pepperoni is 70 cals. and pretty dang good!
  • Ayh5xd
    Ayh5xd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chopped apples and strawberries with mint and lime.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    - 1/2 cup strawberries
    - Cucumber "chips" (a TON)
    - 1 1/2 cups Blue Diamond unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    - 1 Light Life smart dog
    - Baby carrots (~20)
    - Baked kale chips
    - Banana chocolate chip oatcake (about 40-45 cals/cake) (recipe: http://www.theoatmealartist.com/2013/03/banana-chocolate-chip-oat-pancakes-for.html I make these with the almond milk from above)
    - 2 cups Simply Salted popcorn (Orville Redenbacher)
    - 1/2 apple sautéed with spray of coconut oil, dash of cinnamon, tiny sprinkle of brown sugar
  • Rachel_Louise85
    Rachel_Louise85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That oatcake recipe looks delish! Will have to try it. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • 6yuu
    6yuu Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eat so much celery, it is literally my favourite snack! Although it's not the most filling, it's extremely low in calories;less than 15 calories for approximately one cup. Apples are great too. Rice crackers are low in calories and come in lots of flavors as well.
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Light string cheese usually. Also I like one snack size frozen fudge bar (they're made by Weight Watchers but sold in grocery stores)...like a Fudgecicle with a little added protein and fiber. Or a few Tootsie Roll midgees.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Honey dew melon if in season. Berries of any kind. Hummus with veggies. South Beach style turkey roll ups or a slice of turkey, Canadian bacon or even some cold,baked chicken.
    Chessman cookies! 3 cookies are 120 so a scrumptious chessman cookie dunked in my coffee.
    Pickled herring, artificial crab. Although I avoid most processed foods, I do love having artificial crab as a fairly healthy snack. I don't eat much lunch meat. I usually bake a whole chicken or turkey and just debone. The Butterball smoked turkeys make amazing sandwiches and a bacon substitute for flavoring soups!
  • heathl39
    heathl39 Posts: 46
    Options
    Outshine fruit and veggie popsicles--tangerine and carrot 40 cals, blueberry and strawberry rhubarb, 35 cals each.

Eat these all the time! So yummy!
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    16 slices of turkey pepperoni is 70 cals. and pretty dang good!

I wonder if that will get crispy like regular protein in the microwave? When I was doing low-carb, I would nuke pepperoni slices for 10-20 seconds for a crispy,salty delicious treat! All that sodium is a little much,though.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I eat so much celery, it is literally my favourite snack! Although it's not the most filling, it's extremely low in calories;less than 15 calories for approximately one cup. Apples are great too. Rice crackers are low in calories and come in lots of flavors as well.

add some almond butter for a good fat to the celery its so yummy but this would not make it under 50 calories
  • caitology
    caitology Posts: 50
    Options
    Strawberries for sure.