Sad Wizard here!

Options
Here's my story at the moment!

I was 400 lbs at one time, like 6 years ago. I spent two years to lose weight. I cut all soda, most carbs, and 1-2 hours walking a day.

I got to 250 lbs after two years of steady weight loss.

However, I had tough time with hidradentis suppurativa. It is a autoimmune skin disease.
I got really depressed, really really depressed.
I started taking anti depressants, effexor and abilify, I gained lots of weight on these meds.
I also had a defeatist attitude and was not eating properly or exercising.

I stopped taking anti depressants, because of the wreck it caused me.

I started taking Prednisone for my autoimmune disorder.
This thing made me balloon quickly!
I gained so much weight!

Right now, I am around 370 lbs!
I'm not on any steroids (prednisone) or any anti depressants (effexor) anymore.

I'm trying to lose weight again, but I'm so discouraged given my experience in the last few years.

Right now, I'm living with my parents again.
Because my autoimmune disorder got the best of me, I'm not fit to take care of myself anymore.
I can't walk pretty well, it's painful. But I try.
I had a surgery a couple of months ago. Excision surgery.
And now I take accutane to take care of my hidradentis suppurativa.

Now, I'm getting back to exercising and dieting.
I'm cutting all soda again.
I'm cutting as much carbs as I can.
I'm trying to drink water throughout the day.
I need my coffee in the moring, black coffee.

I try to do 50 squats, 50 sit ups, and 100 bicep curls with 1 kg weight.

Does anyone has a comment about my story? Any advise?

Thanks

Replies

• Chumz79
    Chumz79 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like you've overcome SO much, and you should be very proud of yourself. Good for you on getting back up and tackling your weight loss again. You've shown you can do it, but I understand it's not easy. Just treat each day as a new day, and focus on it daily...rather than the big picture. Sometimes when we focus on our past with weight loss, we can get easily discouraged...and the same goes with looking at how much we have left to lose, that can be overwhelming and discouraging. Just believe YOU CAN DO THIS!! :flowerforyou:

We can support one another and overcome out weigh loss efforts together. Stay Strong!!
  • pandabratt1
    pandabratt1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like you've overcome SO much, and you should be very proud of yourself. Good for you on getting back up and tackling your weight loss again. You've shown you can do it, but I understand it's not easy. Just treat each day as a new day, and focus on it daily...rather than the big picture. Sometimes when we focus on our past with weight loss, we can get easily discouraged...and the same goes with looking at how much we have left to lose, that can be overwhelming and discouraging. Just believe YOU CAN DO THIS!! :flowerforyou:

We can support one another and overcome out weigh loss efforts together. Stay Strong!!

Well put Chumz79!!
  • kconrad1712
    kconrad1712 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I try to eat as Paleo as possible because of the health benefits I've read about. There are Paleo/Primal groups on MFP, and I did a heck of a lot of research on the lifestyle, and how it helps symptoms of autoimmune disease and diabetes. It might be something worth looking in to.

Good luck, and congrats on getting back to losing weight.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options

^^^ This. We all have our own hell, and it's not about falling down; in the end, it's about how we get back up. And it sounds like you are getting up and preparing to kick *kitten* and take names.

One day at a time. One lb. at a time - and then when you're comfortable, 5lb. at a time. You got this!
  • sadwizard
    sadwizard Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support. I will look into the paleo diet. Any other advices?