21 days to make some progress, long but please help!

Options
Hi, So I've been on this site for a while, and I have had success before but I have hypothyroidism and I've had issues with it staying stable and stuff so, while I haven't gained any weight, I haven't lost any significant weight since january. I'm now home (so I can control what I eat and how much I work out a lot easier than when at college) and I have 21 days until I leave for South Korea, where body matters a lot and everyone is quite small. I'm hoping to make as most progress as possible before then so I can feel confident living there (and will continue to make progress there obviously) anyways, here's my basic plan, I would like some help shaping it (I will have a few meals out but will still try to stick to this general format)

Breakfast:
-Fruit and protein (such as melon and cottage cheese (low or non fat) or berries and nonfat greek yogurt)
Lunch:
-Veggies (as many as possible, lots of variety, around 3 cups), protein (chicken, smoked salmon mostly, 4-7 oz depending on hunger and supply), starch (brown rice, (I'm GF) so GF bread, something, not much, 1/2 cup)
Snack:
-Fruit and protein (and maybe more veggies), nuts/seeds (small amount) or protein shake or yogurt/cottage cheese again, and some fruit (apple, frozen grapes, etc)
Dinner:
Same things as lunch, with some red meat occasionally and sometimes not have a starch (and add other starches like sweet potatoes for variety)

I will also try to work out every day in some capacity, alternating between cardio (elliptical or swimming) (and abs on cardio days), and strength (will be doing an assortment of NROL workouts), on non formal workout days it'll be leisurely biking or horseback riding

I will try my best to stick to this, keep processed foods out, and I'm not a big sauce/extra person so that shouldn't be a problem.

Will this work? any other suggestions? urgent, this regime begin strictly tomorrow (because i've been loosely following it)

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to see any significant changes in 21 days. Maybe some water weight and a few pounds, but not a dramatic change. I would just continue to focus on your meal and exercise plan, and continue it when you move.
  • rosa_weston77
    rosa_weston77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there. You can achieve anything you put your mind to. Eat 4-6 small low caloric/low carb meals a day to accomplish this best with exercise if you can. If you are keeping up with MFP with all of your meals, you should be able to loose weight. I have hypothyroidism as well. I know how heard it can be especially if you are diabetic like me.

Keep in mind if you are starving yourself too much, your body will start storing the fat instead of burning it. It needs to fuel to burn off the fat so it is important to feed it healthy nutritious meals.

There is a site call Slender Kitchen I use for meal planning (also a vegetarian) it may can help you too. It also include Weight Watchers balances and full nutritional information. From my experience you will always do better with meals you make at home.

I hope this helps.
    Rosa

http://www.livingbetterfirststeps.com
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You wont see dramatic changes in 21 days but your food and exercise looks great just keep at it! Keep an eye on you sodium intake, too much of that can give you a bloated belly look because high amounts regularly in your daily food intake retains water.