For the ladies - mid cycle pain?

Options
I'm just curios if any of you suffer from this as well.

I am currently mid-cycle right now, and have had a dull ache on my lower right side now for a few days. Nothing I can't tolerate, it's not there all the time, and actually feels better when I exercise and move around. I've had it before, but oddly enough, it doesn't come every cycle.

The only time it occurs is around ovulation time.

Any one experience this too?

L.

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Yes I think so... but I never paid too much attention to it at all! I will have to make notes of when and how bad it hurts, or what makes it stop hurting. Hmm..

I had a doctor once and each question I asked, was answered with, "Probably a gas bubble."

then again, gas bubbles are common causes of a ton of things.
  • Jessicah1987
    Jessicah1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I get it too. Most months, but not all. From what my Dr. has told me, its pretty normal. But if it gets really intense, or is oddly persistent, I would definitely get it checked out. It's also a fact that light exercise, like walking, does actually ease menstrual pain. If nothing else, Aleve is my medication of choice when it comes to my lady-pains.

Hope you feel better!

Happy weight-loss journey!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Yep. It probably doesn't happen every cycle because I am pretty sure one side fires the egg one month, and then the next month the other one the other fires an egg, and so on... I am pretty sure. So the dull pain is probably that side ovulating. I used to get the same problem when I was a teenager. I am pretty sure its normal to have an ache at that time. Hope that helps :)
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    sometimes being a women sucks!
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've experienced this.. from minor to major pain and not every cycle. This month was a killer for 2 days. Felt as if my uterus was swollen 3 times it's normal size and it hurt to sit, walk and even just laying still. I usually only experience this 2-3 times a year but never as bad as this.

For more info, check this out: http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/mittelschmerz
  • imustdecrease
    Options
    yes, they are little cysts on the ovary and when you actually ovulate they will burst..some women can feel when they ovulate. the cyst a harmless.
  • imustdecrease
    Options
    certain vitamins can help..check with your health food store.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

L.