X-Men: Days of Future Past...........who's seen it?

Options

Replies

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find it weird that both Quicksilver's are from the Kick *kitten* movie!? Just a thought I had!

Spider-Man (1-3 Originals), Amazing Spider-Man 2 and all the X-Men films except for First Class were just terrible....I wish they would just give all rights to Joss Whedon...
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    was really good but Cap and Winter Soldier was better

spiderman on the other whilst entertaining was an utter mess of re-edits and cutting, scenes in the movie where entirely different to the trailer version of the scene and scenes in the trailer were eventually cut from the movie altogether. so you ended up with a part made movie of part of a story, trying to setup the sinister six, venom and spiderman 3 and 4 movies.... such a shame, but thats what they did with the first one as well so no surprises.

still back to topic, xmen was excellently balanced film making sure that the apokolips movie is well setup when it arrives with all the first class characters ready and well established, it was a bit like when Star Trek TNG overlapped with TOS and Kirk met Picard... although much much better film

i'm looking forward to adding it to the collection of marvel movies to binge watch every now and then...

the only thing to wonder is whether Wolverine will look more muscular than he did in this one... there are some funny comparisons between him in the first xmen movie and the dofp movie:

Xmen 1 - Hugh_Jackman_Wolverine_first_xmen_not_as_lean_strong.jpg?mtime=1375892657
    Xmen DOFP - jackman.jpg
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find it weird that both Quicksilver's are from the Kick *kitten* movie!? Just a thought I had!

Spider-Man (1-3 Originals), Amazing Spider-Man 2 and all the X-Men films except for First Class were just terrible....I wish they would just give all rights to Joss Whedon...

dude, spider-man 2 was almost perfect.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You're right, Marvel is killing it this summer. I'd rank them in this order: X-Men, Captain America, then Spiderman.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    You're right, Marvel is killing it this summer. I'd rank them in this order: X-Men, Captain America, then Spiderman.

technically, x-men is Fox, Captain America is Marvel/disney, and spider-man is sony.

and lets wait until august when Guardians of the Galaxy come out.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

dude, spider-man 2 was almost perfect.

I don't even....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    I saw it yesterday. It definitely lived up to its hype this time :love:
    I do wish I would've seen it in 3D now though simply because there is one scene (the fast guy in the kitchen ) that would've been pretty cool to watch in 3D but overall good storyline and awesome special effects. :bigsmile:
    That's Quicksilver (son of Magneto) and that was one of the most awesome scenes in ANY movie. And yes I saw it in 3D!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    i've heard it's the best x-men movie yet. i'll probably wait for the dvd or something. but maybe not. and the apocalypse teaser at the end is supposedly great.
    Naw, go see it in 3D. It'll be worth it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    i've heard it's the best x-men movie yet. i'll probably wait for the dvd or something. but maybe not. and the apocalypse teaser at the end is supposedly great.

the only movie i ever thought was worth 3D was Avatar.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

the only movie i ever thought was worth 3D was Avatar.

And the last Twilight. I mean Edward in 3D....YUM.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see it but my sons say its ok, I was disappointed with Spiderman. I thought it was a waste of my money. Have yet to see Captain America.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    LOVED it. I'll confess I missed a couple of them (thanks hubby for watching them on a plane without me) but they finally nailed Hank McCoy the way I remember him from childhood. And most of the acting was phenomenal (esp Peter Dinklage and James McAvoy). Still have an itch to do some heavy research into the chronology of the X-Men. And, at the very least, watch back through the films so I'm all caught up.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I JUST watched it. Still Reeling. It was awesome.
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    It was good, but the pacing was rather poor.
    Loved the concepts and added character development. Nice to finally see Kitty being something other than the static homewrecker plot element she was in the original series.
  • Alchemagician
    Alchemagician Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Going back tonight to see it a second time!
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I loved it. Now I want to rewatch the older movies.
  • rainynight3L33
    rainynight3L33 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It was soooooooooo good! Quicksilver was so funny too! :laugh: :smile:
  • Rinker2bFit
    Rinker2bFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Saw all three. Thought Captain America was best, then X-Men, then Spiderman. Outside of Marvel movies, I'm looking forward to seeing Edge of Tomorrow next.
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I liked it my only question was they did not explain how Professor X came back after being killed (obliterated) by the Phoenix.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I liked it my only question was they did not explain how Professor X came back after being killed (obliterated) by the Phoenix.

In an after credit scene in X3 they showed Prof X in a hospital bed.....