I'm new to MFP and I'm excited! Also dreading the exercise!

Options
I definitely know that I don't want to let myself down, but I would rather eat 500 calories a day than work out. I am hoping I'll get to the point that I don't hate it so, but, being honest with myself, I know it's a little ways off.

I received an EA Sports workout dealy for Christmas. I finally got to do it today and it was really cool! But it kicked my *kitten*!! I'm SO out of shape. I haven't worked out in, literally, years. I'm a SAHM and my little ones are 4 and 3. My little guy just started preschool yesterday for 2.5 hours a day 5x a week, and my daughter goes 3x a week, so guess what? NO MORE EXCUSES!! I have at least an hour and a half three times a week to myself! That's enough of a start, so I am definitely motivated.

Plus, I turn 40 in September, and that is just enough time for me to drop some poundage and look FABULOUS for my surprise birthday my husband is going to throw for me!

So, who's with me???

Replies

• DomesticEngineer2point0
    Options
    Hi Bridget, I am Cami and I am also new to MFP. I started my lifestyle change on January 1st and so far I am loving it. I too am a SAHM on a 22 month old. I am tired of my excuses and I am doing this for myself and for him. I wish you nothing but th best of luck and know that YOU CAN DO IT!

Happy Weight Loss!

Cami :happy:
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Thanks, Cami. Good luck to you, too! We can do it, girl!!
  • melaniencleo
    Options
    Hi I'm Melanie and I am also a stay at home Mommy to a wonderful 23 month old boy- I totally understand when you talk about exercising- I must admit I was never one to workout- I have had a very nice treadmill in the basement for almost 5 years and barely spent anytime on it at all! I also started on the 1st- I have always been overweight since I was about 10 and after suffering 3 miscarriages and then finally giving birth to my son I am at my highest weight ever- 237 pounds and I am short too 5'3" which doesnt help much! I have been forcing myself to do two 20 minute walks on the treadmill a day and to watch my diet- and I am hoping that I can stick with it this time and that it pays off! We can do this... we have to for ourselves and our kiddies!