My head is again shrinking.. And I look bad

Options
I've lost ten pounds so far.. I don't really notice it on my body... It seems its all coming from my face.. It now looks like I have a small head with wide shoulders and a big belly! I looked better before I lost the weight! I have another 70 to go... Please PLEASE tell me the loss will even out. Im very down as I guess I imagined ten pounds to make a huge difference body-wise.. Little discouraged and sad. Im by no means vane- ithink everyone has something beautiful about themselves.. I didn't at all anticipate these feelings.

Replies

• whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it will all even out!! I didn't start seeing any changes until 20 lbs lost. I think it's just different for everyone. We all store our weight differently!

Congrats on your loss so far!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    It'll even out, honey. I promise. I naturally have a skinny face and when I lose a pound you can see it immediately. Just hang in there and keep going. It'll be okay! :flowerforyou:
  • Chillem
    Chillem Posts: 40
    Options
    You don't have 70 lbs in your head right? So the rest of your body will follow your head :)
    Don't get discouraged and the side effect is: you can have a thin driving license photograph, even before you have met your goal weight :D
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It will even out! The face is one of the first places you will notice weight loss. I think it looks better to have the bottom heavier rather than have a tiny body and a big head! I hate that bobble head look!
  • zowhat54
    Options
    Here's the deal - for me anyway....I loose it first from where it last went on.

Be the champion you are - push forward!!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You will definitely even out girl no worries. I had the same issue. Everyone kept saying they could tell I'd lost "so much weight" because of my face. Sooner than later your body will be streamlined and you'll look awesome. Just wait for it :)) keep goin!! Also, you're probably not as disproportionate as you think. We all seem to have a little body dysmorphia in this process.
  • classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me!! And yes it will even out just keep on going.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    Often we lose where we don't want to as much at first. You just have to stick with it. Hope you are taking/checking measurements. I saw improvement there even though it took longer to lose a size. Yes for some of us we don't see it till 20 lbs.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but I lose from the top down. My legs & ankles will be the last to trim down. Maybe this will be the truth for you? Don't fret, just keep going :flowerforyou:
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Hang in there.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but this is funny. I thought I was the only one, but it does seem to happened to so many. I lose in my legs then my face and my hips and belly last. I look like I am pregnant.It will even out.

Dont worry I am happy for you that you are losing weight. Keep it up.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I lose from the top of my head and tip of my toes..LOL:laugh: then it gradually moves to the center of my body!

You'll get there hun!:flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Your head didn't shrink, just your chubby cheeks. You look great, keep it up.