Is anyone out there Carb Cycling?

Options
I started following Chris Powell's (Extreme Weightloss Coach on ABC) Carb Cycling plan. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and what results they've had. You eat high carb one day and low carb the next. You have to eat every 3 hours. I just started today and so far so good! I feel like I'm eating all the time. The foods are satisfying, which is good and it's all healthy "real" food!

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    No. Exercise seems to work.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I tried it for like a week. It didn't work for me but I might try it again...
  • Clarifications
    Options
    No. Exercise seems to work.

That seems completely indirect of the question asked,
    But good for you!
  • TheCherryMama
    Options
    Carb cycling is good. AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT GOING UNDER CALORIE GOAL.. A lot of plans out there have people way below their BMR. (Ignore BMI that standard tells body builders they're fat because of muscle weighs more than fat).
    ALWAYS be cautious of your BMR and know your TDEE! People think you have to go by that 1200 cal a day that MFP gives you. (I only use this to calculate macros and track workouts). that # MFP gives you is dangerous. No one in a coma could survive off that. OK going on a rant, just don't starve, it will have the opposite effect.
    Confused? Go to IIFYM.com to read up and learn your BMR and TDEE :-)
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I started following Chris Powell's (Extreme Weightloss Coach on ABC) Carb Cycling plan. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and what results they've had. You eat high carb one day and low carb the next. You have to eat every 3 hours. I just started today and so far so good! I feel like I'm eating all the time. The foods are satisfying, which is good and it's all healthy "real" food!

Nope. I just wanted tell you that you dont need to eat every three hours though!
  • LazSommer
    Options
    It's actually a very direct answer.
  • Clarifications
    Options

Has anyone tried carb cycling?
    "No.exercise seems to work."

Explain how that's a direct answer.
  • LazSommer
    Options

Has anyone tried carb cycling?
    "No.exercise seems to work."

Explain how that's a direct answer.

She was asking if we, as individuals, Carb Cycled. I replied that I do not, and gave my reasons for not Carb Cycling.
  • Luv2Cook
    Luv2Cook Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses and honest insight! I'm going to try it for a month to see how it goes.
  • joyfulhappyheart
    joyfulhappyheart Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Following this thread. I believe I read that's what the Biggest Loser contestants do. I read an article on it, but I worry it's too difficult for me from day to day to do high/low. Would love to see how that works for others.
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs everyday, just in moderation.. not sure about carb cycling hmmm each to their own, good luck
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Don't body builders sometimes do this when preparing for a show? I don't know much about it and have a hard time grasping how it could help you lose fat more efficiently than a general calorie deficit. I'm guessing that the science on this is quite limited?
  • cainlr
    cainlr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on day one of carb cycling. Eating every three hours is going to be difficult. I have problems with on carbs which gives me severe leg cramps. I am going to modify the program some to fit my schedule and see how it works. I will let you know. Good luch to you.
  • tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just started reading the book last night and I'm starting today