Help! Want to do strength training...

Options
... but I don't have access to a gym. Are there any strength building exercises I can do at home with just my body or any strength training plans floating around that I cannot find? I have tried looking but they all seem to include gyms in the plans. I am very new to this sort of stuff and need some help, please?

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Well, depending on funds you could always check Craigslist for people selling a bench, barbell, and plates, etc but until then, there are exercises like I believe fitnessblender.com or you are your own gym for body weight exercises :D
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I bought some bands and dumbbells and started a modified version at home of stronglifts 5x5 until I was able to get to the gym.
  • N7iconoclast
    Options
    I do not have any money to spend and no access to a gym, I was more asking for suggestions on excercises I can do at home with my body weight.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Go to YouTube - search You Are Your Own Gym - looks like there are a bunch of videos there to use
  • N7iconoclast
    Options
    Thank you!
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Stack,com may be helpful too.
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Convict Conditioning
    http://lifehacker.com/5839608/exercise-like-a-convict-for-an-equipment-free-workout

There's a YouTube channel and a book, too.