Powdered Peanut Butter?

Options
I recently, bought some Powdered Peanut butter, because its suppose to be so good for you. However, it taste weird. Anyone have any recipes for it? Or have any experience with it? I think I might try adding it to my morning protein shake, but I'm not sure..if I did, should I just throw it in as powder or mix it to make peanut butter?

Replies

• pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I just bought some also but have not tried it yet.
    Looking forward to responses you get on this post.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options
    I tried that stuff once.

The jar ended up in the trash. Nasty nasty stuff.

The only thing that I could stomach it in were shakes.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I bought some last year when I attempted a diet. Put it in smoothies with protein powder.
  • irleshay
    irleshay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I saw it for the first time the other day and considered buying it, but after reading these responses I think I'll pass. :)
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I love it! I put it in my protein shakes!!
  • ImmortalApprentice
    ImmortalApprentice Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it in anything but protein shakes.
  • laurenrrogers
    laurenrrogers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use P2B Power Peanut Butter and I dig it. I usually it with a banana after a workout. I have used it in an overnight refrigerator peanut butter and banana oatmeal thing and mixed it up into peanut butter then put it in like that vs just the powder.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i only use it in smoothies. anything else and i would rather have the real deal
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I like a cup of almond milk, a banana, a tablespoon of Pb2 in the blender. Delicious. I have chocolate Pb2 you could add some cocoa too
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I think it does NOT make a good substitution for actual peanut butter (mmm, peanut butter!) but it can be used to add peanutty flavor to things without adding a ton of fat:

1. Oatmeal
    2. Salad dressing
    3. Peanut dipping sauce or marinade
    4. Smoothies
    5. As a dusting for apples (though I still kinda prefer actual peanut butter there).
  • kschhr
    kschhr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I use it for baking, smoothies occasionally, in oatmeal, and more often than anything I mix it with a lot of water to make a peanut sauce to dip spring rolls in. I personally really like it, just wouldn't use it on a sandwich or anything.
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I had some for a while that had added protein. I mixed in just about everything i baked or shook lol. but yeah alone its not very good.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I love it with plain Greek yogurt and a packet of Stevia
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    PB2 just sounds icky. I'd rather have the real deal. You can get natural pb which is way better. Not loaded with crap. I also like the Skippy All Natural Pb. It's smooth. But the pb2 is the equivalent to powdered milk in my opinion...should be okay in baking, but why would you not just go with the real deal unless you have abnormally large amounts of pb.......then again, you could skip that and just go straight to the source and eat a crap load of peanuts...which will make you crap a crap load. lol.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wow. I eat the PB2 chocolate peanut butter straight from the jar while reading trashy novels. I know it says 1 jar 15 servings but for me it is really only 5 servings:)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I've used it on bread and crackers and think it's fine. The consistency can be a little thick or thin depending on the water amount.

I also like it in protein shakes and stirred into my oatmeal.

PB2 is made from real peanuts, they are just pulverized and the fats removed. I do eat regular peanut butter too.
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I mash up a banana and put 2 tablespoons of PB2 (the kind with cocoa). I love it that way. I've also made a sort of mousse by mixing it with fat free or low fat cool whip. If you have a few extra calories that day, you can put either one of those concoctions on a graham cracker and freeze it for 30 minutes for an ice cream sandwich. (Or just buy some ice cream sandwiches and save the hassle.)

I haven't tried it yet, but one of these days I am going to use a whole container of cool whip with a bunch of PB2 mocha, put some mini chocolate chips in it, then put it into a graham cracker crust. I *think* it will make a decent frozen peanut butter pie.

*ETA- love the oatmeal idea!

And totally agree about homemade peanut butter that is just blended roasted peanuts. It's so yummy.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of "real" pb, but I still like to add pb2 to things like overnight oats for a bit of added protein and peanutty taste.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Do a search on PB2 recipes.
    Lots of ideas on Pinterest.
  • BekkahS1552
    BekkahS1552 Posts: 34
    Options
    I like a cup of almond milk, a banana, a tablespoon of Pb2 in the blender. Delicious. I have chocolate Pb2 you could add some cocoa too

This sounds like a delicious combo... thanks for sharing!! :smile: