Sugar substitutes?

Options
Artificial sweeteners are a huge no go with me. I have horrible migraines from them. I am looking for anything that may work and still be ok for me. Only thing I have tried is Sun Crystals. Which is Stevia and cane sugar.

Anyone else have the migraine issue with artificial sweeteners?

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I do! I have figured out that aspartame gives me major headaches, and sugar substitutes are loaded with it.

I now use Truvia, which contains no aspartame. =)
  • aehenson
    Options
    I get headaches as well so I stick with the real deal. I have lost 20 pounds since I gave up diet drinks & desserts..... I think they make you fat too!
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    i love sun crystals
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have a severe yeast allergy and so I can't have sugar, honey, molasses, agave nectar, or anything else like that. I hate stevia because of it's aftertaste. So I use Xylitol. It's really good, has no aftertaste, and it's an equal exchange. Try it! :)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I stick with real sugar. Do some research and you'll find some really scary information about the side effects and serious health problems that result from using artificial sweeteners. I hardly use sugar at all so the few calories that the real (natural) stuff contains is OK with me.
  • tinaann318
    Options
    Thanks everyone!