Your happy weight

Hello Everyone,

I am just asking a random question on what you think your best weight is or your 'happy weight' I am 159cm and 57kg, I look so chubby, I know that this is a normal weight for my height, I gained a lot of weight over the past six months but my weight was normally 46/48kg so heres hoping I can get back down to there, what about you, what weight is your goal?

Thank you

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    The optimal weight for anyone (in my opinion) is where you are comfortable with yourself, are healthy, and fit enough to do whatever activities you want to do. I am 173 lbs at the moment, but I'd like to put on some muscle. I don't think that I'd like to get over 180 lbs though. Also, in terms of reach towards a goal, I like to track body fat % instead of weight. You can have your weight remain constant for over a month, but still be reducing body fat, which is great progress.

Allan
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    my happy weight is 135... my end goal weight is 125.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member

pretty much this actually lol
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    I have no idea what my happy weight is. I am looking forward to finding out though.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    I wouldn't say happy weight, but my "comfortable" weight, or weight I am content with, is my current weight (around 9 stone) but I fluctuate by a few pounds very often. My goal weight is between 8 stone and 8 and a half stone though.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    I am at 108.5lbs and I am HAPPY!
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    130 would be perfect! 35 lbs to go
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    I have no idea what my happy weight is. I am looking forward to finding out though.

Same here.

I reached my goal weight 2 1/2 months ago, set a new goal, and have lost a little since then. I have not found a "happy weight" yet. I also started exercising more though, so that should help.
  • mrsarm
    mrsarm Posts: 6 Member
    My body likes to be 8 and a half stone, but I'm currently 8 stone 9, which is my heaviest in 10 years.
    My favoured weight is exactly 8 stone, but my body rebels against this and I can't maintain it, so I'm going for the middle ground of 8 stone 2 or 3.
    That's 6-7 lbs to shift, which I'm really finding hard.
  • mrsarm
    mrsarm Posts: 6 Member
    I need to exercise. I used to run and do 3 bootcamp sessions a week, now I do nothing.
    Must get motivated!
  • marushk
    marushk Posts: 3
    68 kg would be nice. :) Anything below 70 kg is my happy weight. :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Honestly? 180. My body type and frame - it looks good and I feel good. However, that is still in the "obese" category for my height, so I'm torn. I put my goal in MFP at 160. We'll see what happens.
  • Amy101975
    Amy101975 Posts: 37 Member

Me too!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    I would like to be 130-135; before weight gain during pregnancy I seemed to hang out between 140-145 without having to do anything. Lately it seems like my body wants to stay right where it is now at 149, so clearly a heart-to-heart with my fat is needed.
  • my happy weight is 135... my end goal weight is 125.

• ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Happy for me is when my pants fit, and I can eat without obsessing or being hungry all the time, and be able to keep up with my 3 boys. I think I'm pretty close to that now.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    My happy weight is 140. I am currently 30 pounds above that, but I still love my body.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Having starting my journey at 333 lbs I just want to venture into onderland. Its been since my childhood that I have seen it.
    Once there it will be one pound at a time.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    My happy weight is 170. I am 25lb. over that right now, but I was a lot more comfortable in my own skin at that weight and size.