Powdered Peanut Butter?

Options

Replies

• MargieBradleyw
    Options
    I use it pretty often as a protein source. I mix it with sf flavored syrup or cocoa and eat it on rice cakes. I also mix it with my protein shakes sometimes with a little frozen banana. It's not "real Peanut butter" but when you consider the reduction in calories and fat, it's a great substitute!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I love it with Weetabix and water or milk heated up! (Weetabix is a cereal kind of like oatmeal)

Good stuff, though I also eat peanut butter as well.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    I have both PB2 and PB2 chocolate. I still eat regular natural peanut butter, but on days I want to scarf down a lot, I use PB2. Tastes fine to me, but then again I used to down nasty weight gainer back in the 80's. Like drinking flavored chalk.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound very good...
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I recently, bought some Powdered Peanut butter, because its suppose to be so good for you. However, it taste weird. Anyone have any recipes for it? Or have any experience with it? I think I might try adding it to my morning protein shake, but I'm not sure..if I did, should I just throw it in as powder or mix it to make peanut butter?
    Banana peanut butter protein smoothie.
    Unsweetened almond milk, 2 cups
    Banana
    2tbsp PB2
    One scoop protein powder ( whey)
    Ice to thicken
    Blend until smooth. Also good with some cocoa powder or frozen blueberries
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone want to get rid of the fat? That is crazy!
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've used both the PB2 regular peanut butter and the chocolate peanut butter and I like them. I still eat regular peanut butter, but love getting the protein and peanut flavor without the fat occasionally. Sometimes I am getting my fat somewhere else. And it works GREAT in protein shakes with whey unflavored protein powder, unsweetened almond or coconut milk, a banana and some icecubes. I hope you like it!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I love it and often mix it into protein shakes. I just made mixed some with water and ate it with a banana a few minutes ago. It was a great afternoon snack. I also eat the real stuff, but it wouldn't fit into my calories today.
  • HaelaBaer
    HaelaBaer Posts: 44
    Options
    Good in yogurt too.
    For a healthy snack add it to mashed bananas and nuts (google protein cookies).
    It can add a nutty flavor to your chicken dishes too, in place of cashews or peanuts.

As always, experiment and have fun!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    It's great in the "ice cream" you make with frozen bananas. Add some PB2 and maybe a little chocolate pudding mix ... amazing.
    I also like it in smoothies. Sometimes I'll eat it with celery or apple slices, or occasionally in a sandwich, but it's definitely better in the ice cream or smoothies.
  • Lorelyrra
    Lorelyrra Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have the PB2 and the PB2 chocolate. I actually really like it. I use it in PB&J sandwiches or on a toasted bagel for a post-workout snack. I've also added it to smoothies.
  • crsawinton
    crsawinton Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    OMG I love the PB2 with chocolate! I put a scoop in my smoothie, with almond milk, frozen banana, kefir and greek yogurt. sometimes I add some quick oats. It's so good, .. now I have to make one. :P
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Like everybody else, I put it in protein shakes. I also mix it with greek yogurt, cinnamon, and a lil bit of honey then dip fruit in it... so delicious. I rarely just eat it on crackers or bread- it kinda reminds me of that peanut butter you find sandwiched in the bright orange "cheese crackers" 6 packs. My grandparents fed us a lot of those growing up, and I was not a fan.
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Although nothing can replace real peanut butter, I do love my PB2. I eat it regularly with crackers, in protein shakes and on bananas. I could eat it by itself if I felt like it. I think the taste is great.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I use it for a protein boost in my breakfast oatmeal smoothies. That is typically what I use it for, because it thickens the shake up and adds the great PB flavour I love so much.
  • Candlelite89
    Options
    It tastes absolutely AMAZING mixed with Cool Whip Free. I have just discovered this and I am craving it every night lately. =]
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    It tastes absolutely AMAZING mixed with Cool Whip Free. I have just discovered this and I am craving it every night lately. =]

^This. I mix it up with Cool Whip to dip apples and whatnot into. Or, just as an ice cream replacement! For baking, smoothies, oatmeal, anything where just adding flavor is the point, PB2 in phenomenal. As actual peanut butter, not so much. For a PB sammie, I'm sticking with peanut butter. For anything else, PB2.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I will use it in my smoothie... Usually with unsweetened almond milk, frozen banana, grapes and kale.. Yum!
  • NancyKhuu
    NancyKhuu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't eat PB growing up so I don't really have any emotional attachment to real PB like most people do (lol). I honestly prefer PB2 a lot more because of the texture not sticking into the roof of my mouth. That said the flavor is a little bit off, like burned roasted peanut taste. I usually eat it with something else like a pj sandwich or make flourless PB cookies
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    It's too sweet..

PB should having nothing but nuts in it..

A friend gave me a container of it.. I didn't like it.. so I used it in shakes and have never replaced it..

Can probably bake with it too.. i'd watch the other sugar though if you do.