Week 2 of P90 (not X) and gained 10lbs?!?

Options
Hi guys! I started the P90 routine about two weeks ago. I didn't have a resistance band so I would do Cardio 1-2 for 6 days a week and rest. Now, I started to do the Sculpt 1-2 circuit with a 10 lb medium resistance band and alternate it with cardio 1-2 every day and rest after the 6th day. With the Cardio I burn about 400 calories and sculpt 300. I also walk around a lot and clean the house.
I'm 19, WAS 165, 5'6.5" (female btw). According to mfp I should be eating about 1400 calories a day. Usually my meals consist of salad, grilled meat, fruit, and the occasional homemade burger (grilled salmon or veggie patty). I've been drinking lots of water too.

I was doing well of steering away from carbs (or at least the white ones) for a long time. I decided to cheat a little and have a small portion of rice and bread, but I doubt that caused so much weight gain.

Now the weird thing is, I'm losing inches through back fat, face, arms (REALLY see the muscles now), waist, and thighs.

Also, my resting heart rate is now around 60.

I have to go to the doctors for a yearly checkup soon, but I don't want her to think I'm so overweight. 175lbs is a lot, and frustrating since I've worked so hard.

Replies

• unikedood
    unikedood Posts: 10
    Options
    Bump
  • unikedood
    unikedood Posts: 10
    Options
    Bump :(
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't know, honey. My weight bounces a lot, according to where I am in my cycle. I've begun only counting the weigh in I get from a trainer at the gym once a month.

I'm sorry. I would be sad and angry too. But since you're going to your doctor anyway, why don't you talk with him/her anyway about what your goals are and see if they have anything useful to tell you? Don't be afraid of them. You're already on the path.
  • therocpile
    therocpile Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    dont worry!!!! when i first started doing insanity i gained around 10-12lbs too, it's all water weight, your body is probably not used to this type of exercise, drink LOTS of water, eat clean and stay off the scale. by week 4 the weight started to come off. Oh and you should probably be eating more than 1400 calories, if you are losing inches trust me you will be losing weight.

Muscle weighs more than fat.

p.s stay off the scale!