Going way over

Options
What does everyone do when they go way over their calories? I used to have 1/2 cheat free days a week where I would not count calories, however have changed this to just days for special occasions e.g birthdays, finishing exams etc. Anyway yesterday wasn't a special ocassion as such but I did go over my calories (did a run during the day) but this morning I am feeling really let down with myself and just feel like I am never going to shift these lbs at all. Do other people ever do the same?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Brush it off and move on. I'm over pretty often and it has not affected my progress.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Look at weekly total, some days you are over, some days you are under. It usually balances out.
  • sophieR12
    sophieR12 Posts: 43
    Options
    Don't worry about it sweetie :) you'd maybe be better going back to having 1 cheat day a week, you can't deny yourself ALL of the good things you'll just end up feeling miserable.

But don't feel like you've let yourself down. This is just a lapse. Nothing more. As long as you pick up and carry on you have nothing to worry about :)

This too shall pass :)

xx
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Have a cheat meal instead of a cheat day, and don't beat yourself up for going over. As long as you're still trying you're golden. Once you give up, then you should start kicking yourself. :bigsmile:
  • sophieR12
    Options
    Have a cheat meal instead of a cheat day, and don't beat yourself up for going over. As long as you're still trying you're golden. Once you give up, then you should start kicking yourself. :bigsmile:

which is why i still have a super yummy takeaway once a week haha :happy:
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options

My cheat meal was takeout Chinese. I couldn't finish it. I was so disappointed. Lol.
  • sophieR12
    Options

My cheat meal was takeout Chinese. I couldn't finish it. I was so disappointed. Lol.

haha me too! i think im starting to grow immune to junk food as i had a chicken burger as my takeaway last night and it towards the end it just tasted really horrible :frown: i was sooo looking forward to it too :angry:
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want within reason any day of the week and I don't feel guilty about it. It is all about moderation and as long as you're exercising and eating well then you'll lose weight. I'm proof of this statement. :D

Tomorrow is a new day. Think of how far you've come and don't give up. One 'bad' day every now and again is not going to undo all of your progress. You'd have to eat badly pretty much every day or binge for that to happen. :D
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    The reality is, unless you went MASSIVELY, MASSIVELY over, you'll be fine. Imagine those excess calories from your "cheat day" spread out over the other days. If you're eating at a deficit on those other days, the excess calories are just filling in those holes a bit. You may still be under maintenance if you average it out over the week. I make sure I'm eating at a deficit Monday-Friday, then eat at maintenance or a bit over on Saturday and Sunday to keep myself sane and on track and it's worked just fine for me.
  • Nynkepetra
    Nynkepetra Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    what do you consider massively ?