Hello!

Options
dahern1
dahern1 Posts: 5 Member
My name's Dan, I'm 18 and I've been using MFP for a week now after a recommendation for a friend. I'm basically looking to lose about 90-100 lbs, since at the moment I'm 280 lbs. It's going to be bloody hard, but I'm trained in the art of perseverance and there's nothing more rewarding than the idea of being healthy!

However, I'm possibly the worst person at getting motivated. It's hard for me to get motivated sometimes, but I enjoy motivating others, so it'd be nice to make some friends on here!

Replies

• mgrace92
    mgrace92 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Dan! Congrats on taking the steps to be healthier, that's awesome! I'm only just (re)starting my health/fitness journey. I'm about two weeks in, but MFP is REALLY helpful, so I think you'll like it! What do you think of MFP so far?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's best if you discover early on that motivation will not get you to your goal. You simply will not always feel motivated. What WILL get you to your goal is determination. Determination to do the right thing no matter how you feel. Determination not to give up no matter how many times you mess up.
  • JoeyFrappuccino
    JoeyFrappuccino Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've been on MFP for a couple months now but have only been on the forums for a couple days so I'm looking for friends as well! I'm not really here to lose weight but I want to be healthier too so motivation is always welcome, add me if you think we'd be able to help each other out.
  • dahern1
    dahern1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Dan! Congrats on taking the steps to be healthier, that's awesome! I'm only just (re)starting my health/fitness journey. I'm about two weeks in, but MFP is REALLY helpful, so I think you'll like it! What do you think of MFP so far?

You're right, it is really helpful! I'm loving it, it's actually very convenient and easy to use. The mobile app also makes things a lot easier thanks to the barcode scan function!
    It's best if you discover early on that motivation will not get you to your goal. You simply will not always feel motivated. What WILL get you to your goal is determination. Determination to do the right thing no matter how you feel. Determination not to give up no matter how many times you mess up.

Perhaps that's what I need more of then, determination. I sometimes think I'm pretty determined but often I doubt how much I actually am. I've tried 2 times before to make a change this way and both ways went pretty sour, so thank god I have the integrity to get back up and try again.
    Hey, I've been on MFP for a couple months now but have only been on the forums for a couple days so I'm looking for friends as well! I'm not really here to lose weight but I want to be healthier too so motivation is always welcome, add me if you think we'd be able to help each other out.

Thanks Joey! I'll do that now!