For women

Options
muppet1501
muppet1501 Posts: 46 Member
Is it just me or do you tend to want to pick a lot more when its that time of the month? ( sorry if tmi)

Currently wanting to pick at everything so i've stocked up on fruit to avoid grabbing biscuits and chocolate. ( i do still allow myself these things but in moderation and within my calories) I'm still doing my exercise as well to keep my mind off things.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

H x

Replies

• SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get some cravings too, usually for carbs like fast food or sweets. Like you I manage them pretty well!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    PMS is evil. Not only am I a b!tch but I could also eat an entire pizza to myself, wash it down with some Mountain Dew, and then finish off all the chocolate in the house.

I've been doing better now but it takes a yit load of willpower.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    To be honest I just eat more. I'm in no rush to lose the weight and it makes it a little bit easier. I just dont go over maintenence :flowerforyou:
  • thunderroadx
    Options
    I actually only have it before my period. During my period I'm not that bad.
  • heathl39
    heathl39 Posts: 46
    Options
    Salt and more salt is all I want during that time. :(
  • Miljos
    Miljos Posts: 6
    Options
    On the opposite, I struggle to eat during my period. My belly is upset and even my favourite foods don't appeal to me at all.

But I have a point mid-cycle when I'm absolutely ravenous. Took me years to link that to my hormonal cycle actually, but with data tracking it's quite obvious.
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Every single month and I second heathl39 with the salt comment! Crisps and more crisps please! :D
  • Nightstar76
    Nightstar76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Me too I'm always craving sweet things, or baked things. The other day was so bad I got rolos (each piece if 25 cal) and had a piece and put away the rest of the roll. It was sweet it had chocolate and caramel and it helped me kill the craving without doing too much damage.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Before and during TOM I crave chocolate and must have it, if I don't get it, I'll pick at everything and be unsatisfied. My husband has picked me up non-chocolate sweets before thinking it was just sugary stuff I was craving, but nope, only chocolate provides me any relief from my misery. I wish scientists would figure out what it is in Chocolate that provides such relief, and make a pill out of it.
  • LaLaVee13
    LaLaVee13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Before and during TOM I crave chocolate and must have it, if I don't get it, I'll pick at everything and be unsatisfied. My husband has picked me up non-chocolate sweets before thinking it was just sugary stuff I was craving, but nope, only chocolate provides me any relief from my misery. I wish scientists would figure out what it is in Chocolate that provides such relief, and make a pill out of it.

That would be great if they did! Less of us ladies at the store running people down to get chocolate :P
  • gretlarson
    gretlarson Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was kind of thinking about this today as well. Before I am usually ravenous and then not as much during. However this month I have felt like I have had a dull headache that makes me nauseous. Today I really had a hard time to even motivate myself to do anything. I did get out and walk and afterwards felt much better.
  • BerylBurpees
    BerylBurpees Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Totally the same! I make sure I have some really dark chocolate in the house, so my craving is satisfied but not with loads of sugar and fat. I really like the dark chocolate with orange and spices or with chilli
  • millerlm87
    millerlm87 Posts: 31
    Options
    Totally but mine is candy. chocolate and Sour candies. I allow myself to have one here and there because if i don't then i will go insane. to be honest we all need to be as sane as we can with our pas!!!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    My first weapon is water. I drink plenty and it usually does the trick. If I still want to eat, I just make sure I don't go over my maintenance calories level.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    Thank God i am not alone!!!!!