The NET number

Options
Redribbon73
Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
Hi I am new here

I am just a little confused as to what the net figure means. Is it the difference of calories getting smaller as I eat or gets bigger if I workout?

Replies

• StephanieOugh2014
    StephanieOugh2014 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's the amount of calories you eat minus your calories burnt from working out. If you are allowed 1500 calories a day but burn 500 you can eat 2000 but it nets 1500.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/12031-what-are-net-calories-

I burned 385 calories this morning and my breakfast was around 153 calories - my NET is currently in the negative so I can still eat my daily goal plus whatever that negative is

If you enter exercise it will increase the number of calories you can eat - meaning your NET calories includes your daily goal plus your exercise calories - yes it gets bigger if you workout
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It's [your calories eaten] - [your calories burned through extra exercise above your activity level], so basically it's how much you've eaten if you subtract the amount you've burned through exercise activities. You want it to be at or a little below your calorie goal.