Everyone's favorite DVD workout?

Tina1128
Tina1128 Posts: 37
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Thinking about getting a DVD workout -- here what I want -- some regular looking people in the background doing it, different levels and something very entertaining. My favorite workout I ever did was Cynthia Kereluk's everyday workout -- she was very educational and conversational which made the workout go very fast. Whatever happened to TV workout shows??

I'm not a big fan of Jillian Michaels either so I don't think I would like hers....

Is there anyone out there who is actually really funny /entertaining on their DVD?

Replies

• Mine is Zumba, hands down! I love the DVDs..between the DVDs that you get, there are several different workouts..some longer than others, so you can mix & match..whether you want cardio, sculpting, or abs. Ive been using my Dvds near daily for 6 months now and still am not tired of them! :)

If dancing isnt your thing tho, I do love Tae-bo (or any kickboxing in general, the Ken-po X workout in the P90X series is pretty fab as well!)

Good luck & have fun!
  • ardexlady
    ardexlady Posts: 1 Member
    Try Leslie Sansone's Walking DVD....easy to follow plus a great cardio workwout....used it for a while and never tired of her DVDs.
    Try the Walk and Tone DVD that comes with resistance bands...very effective......Zumba is excellent
  • Zumba -- I've not heard one bad thing about it!! Sounds fun!!
  • typeaimages
    typeaimages Posts: 29 Member
    I'm doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred right now, and I really like it because I've never exercised before...so it's easy to follow and Jillian really yells at you and whips you into shape.
  • edinphx
    edinphx Posts: 135 Member
    Where I'm at my cable company offers an "on demand" channel and there is an exercise area with all different
    types of workouts for free maybe you could preview them to see which one you like
    Ed
  • I really like "Crunch - Pick Your Spot Pilates". It's broken up into 3 ten minute segments and goes by quickly. The instructor is friendly and positive and they have men and women in the background. There's one specific woman in the background that does more modified/easy variations of the exercises for beginners.
  • My favorite is Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds 5-Day Fit Walk". It's an indoor walking video with 5 different workouts; a 1-mile walk (Get Up and Get Started), 2-Mile Walk using weights (High Calorie Burn), 30-minute walk, Walk and Kick (incorporates short bursts of kickboxing moves); and the Power Mile. Leslie is very entertaining and the people she uses are real people. They chat and joke with each other and the time goes by fast. The nice thing also is with 5 different workouts on one tape you can pick which one you have time for or to fit your mood and can fit in a "walk" everyday. I also use Denise Austins' "Shrink Your Female Fat Zone" which incorporates exercises for the upper body, mid-section, and lower body using hand weights and a stability ball. It's a little more challenging especially with the sit ups and push ups but I like that she challenges us to do more. Good luck to you!
  • I love 10 Minute Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates with instructor Suzanne Bowen. It consists of five 10 minute segments for different areas of focus and it flies by. It's what got me obsessed with Pilates. I really just stick with 3 of the segments and did them consistently 5 days a week for a month and lost a ton of inches and more than a dress size. The copy I bought came with the band which I highly suggest using for maximum results. Best of luck - it can be very hard to find exercise DVDs that you really enjoy!
  • Teran0612
    Teran0612 Posts: 263
    I did Crunch cardio salsa tonight and loved it.. Moves were easy to learn and easy to follow.. I will definitely be trying to do it at least 5 days a week along with my other free weight exercises etc
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    I looooove Leslie Sansone's 4 mile workout DVD. I do it everyday (well, 6 days a week) and I'm not tired of it yet. I'm still a sweaty mess by the time I'm done. Even when I don't have a lot of time, I do the 1 mile walk, which is 15 minutes. Very convenient and fun!
This discussion has been closed.