I need friends and a support group

Options
rocklion
rocklion Posts: 69 Member
I need to find friends to help get my circle back and going.

Here is why..

It's time to start over. It's time to begin a new life. It's time to step up and take responsibility.

January 2010 is an important day for me. It's the day I first started my weight loss journey. I was 230 pounds and wanting to take back my life. I did. Over the next six months I lost 50 pounds and was the lightest I had been since I was in the army at age 18. I was hiking miles, trail running and doing competition type races like the Warrior Dash.

Then it fell apart.

Within two years I lost my house, my family car, my job and my marriage. I ended up divorced and almost penniless. I still am. But I'm mentally stronger and it's time to reclaim myself.

I now weigh almost 100 pounds more than I did two years ago. I have twice as much weight to take off this around.

But I know I can do it. The experience four years ago taught me that. I need to get back the old new me and make it the me from now on. I have a lot to overcome and still left to do. I'm working on it.

It's time.

Replies

• jspierre
    jspierre Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been there and have seen things come together and then crumble like dirt between my fingers or blow up in my face...and then was left wondering how the hell the scar ended up weighing 100 pounds.

I am recovering from all of it, so I know you can too. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • rachaelgoslan
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Rachael and on here every day. I'm hoping to achieve my fitness goals for my 40th birthday in 2016. I'm well on my way but also need a support network around me so add me if you want :)
  • rachaelgoslan
    Options
    BTW, I forgot to mention Im a divorcee and lost almost everything, I'm re married now but the scars of my previous relationship are still with me x
  • groomsmom822
    Options
    Hi I've been in a similar situation. I don't think anyone (including myself) can be 100 lbs or more overweight and not have gone through some serious "stuff". Best of luck to you. I know you can get there again. Add me if you would like

~Renee
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've done the 100lb thing and would be happy to be your friend - Request sent.
  • aahoward22
    Options
    I too am from the school of lost the weight and gained it all back plus some. It is amazing how fast it can come back compared to how hard it is to take it off, I just started my journey (again) yesterday.
  • rocklion
    rocklion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support.
  • dgbrown13
    dgbrown13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have 15 pounds to lose but 5 pounds or 100 pounds doesn't makea difference. I takes hard work, commitment and support from others who are struggling with weight/food issues. You are a strong person and you can DO THIS!!
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same boat. Battled with weight my whole life and was finally on track a few tears ago going from 285 to 205. Then got divorced and shot back up to 265. Depression and stress are a daily battle
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Adding you!
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    nentecular
    WOW... Great job on losing all the weight
  • koigirl22
    koigirl22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service! I am brand new here - but want to get going on a path to a much healthier life. Solid support sounds like the right thing to have. Count me in.
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am here pretty much everyday, and I would love to be as much support as I can.
  • Sddysart
    Sddysart Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Howdy! !! Feel free to join my friends list.....i would be happy to be your friend. :flowerforyou:
  • 73Laine
    73Laine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i can relate to alot of what u been through or going through. i struggle as well.