MFP ruined my life....

Options

Replies

• tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I used to never think twice about having seconds. Now I stop and weigh and measure and make better decisions on everything I eat. I still have ice cream once in a while but where I used to have a bowl full, I measure out maybe 1/2 cup and that's it.

Same here! And truthfully, I rarely have seconds at all anymore, because after the first serving I'm not hungry anymore. All of this "food awareness" has helped me stop at one portion and assess whether or not I'm still hungry...not whether or not I'm full. We do not have to eat until we're full...that's one of the biggest changes I've made.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I keep trying to ignore what I already know by thinking I can lose weight just by "being careful", but it's always the same. I only succeed when I keep track.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You don't sound fully committed on the whole milk.

LOL!!!!!
  • AdelaideNat
    AdelaideNat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My thoughts exactly, thanks for posting :flowerforyou:
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm going to point the finger less at MFP and more at my food scale. I never realized just how much I was over eating until I started weighing everything. I would eat a bowl of Multigrain Cheerios for breakfast and pat myself on the back, until I weighed it and realized I was eating 3 TIMES as much as suggested!

And meat. Oh, how I was so woefully unprepared for how skewed my meat portions were.
  • kinmoratree
    kinmoratree Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yes. Not that I don't eat and drink things I shouldn't, but I'm aware of it now and can go back to regulated eating after a day or a meal where I'm rolling around in food and drink instead of doing that everyday all day.
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Nice post! Your daughter looks like such a little sweetheart! And, it's awesome that your husband is doing this with you!

:drinker:
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Right! No more mindless eating for me :) I still eat all the same foods just in moderation now :drinker:
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Well said, OP.

"Seconds" is now a dirty word in my house.

"Snacks" are no longer handfuls of peanut M&Ms eaten straight from the giant-sized bag.

The McDonald's drive thru down the street is seeing one less car every week.

If I'm going out to dinner one night, I plan my whole day's eating and exercise around it.

And now I need to stop in one extra aisle at the grocery store--health/organic foods.

Darn you MFP, you have taken away my blissful food ignorance :sad:
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Out with the old in with the new:drinker:
  • Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    Options
    Haha GREAT Post, i bet MFP peeps were ready for a fight when they read that title! Nice , Glad it ruined another life. Go MFP!
  • Angold83
    Angold83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You don't sound fully committed on the whole milk.

Lol!
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Love this post! I'm so glad I found MFP and I've learned so much and finally understand how weight loss and gain actually works. However I'd be lying if I said I don't miss mindless eating. Sigh.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I want some blackberry cobbler. :smokin:
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    MFP has totally blown my clothing budget...
  • xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Same! I was in mcdonalds today and had a coupon for a buy one large clubhouse burger get one free, and I was like "I want it... but this would put me about 1000 calories over my goal". Never will I be able to eat two huge burgers in the same day again :(
  • Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Agreed on most...but what's wrong with Whole Milk? The benefits of whole dairy to me so out weighs the calories that I can easily slim off other things to keep my deficit.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/why-whole-milk-is-the-healthiest-choice.html
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm in the minority here. Because of MFP, I actually eat more ice cream now. Before it used to be a treat, but now I eat it every night. :tongue:
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    :laugh: