Yo, it's Jana!!! I've come to a weight loss plateau-help!

Options
In the last 47 days, I've been eating healthy and exercising three or four times a week. I've lost 10 bls soo far but the scale hasn't budge. I. Don't want to get discourage and give up now need advice?

Also, I have a sprained foot. I can't walk, let alone run on it. Need to know exercise that will burn calories til it get's better?

Replies

• joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    In the last 47 days, I've been eating healthy and exercising three or four times a week. I've lost 10 lbs so far but the scale hasn't budge. I. Don't want to get discourage and give up now need advice?

Also, I have a sprained foot. I can't walk, let alone run on it. Need to know exercise that will burn calories til it get's better?

if you are only measuring progress via the scale it might not be accurate, our weight fluctuates the whole day coz of so many variables i.e. water retention, sodium of the food you ate, etc. so it is not a safe assumption that you havent progress in those days let alone be discouraged by it, you should be watching for other signs of progression i.e. how do you feel on that exercises today? do you feel tired, refreshed, hungry, etc. if you are getting stronger then its alright as a progress, also i will use the mirror as well to gauge progression, your clothes are they getting bigger on you, those are all progression. Remember you weight might not be changing but your body is RECOMPOSITIONING meaning burning fat and gaining muscle ;) for now focus yourself on logging those foods accurately, eating smart and exercising consistently ;)
  • Bananagirl32
    Options
    Thank you I appreciate the feedback. You're can't get du
  • Bananagirl32
    Options
    I just get discouraged that's all. I keep forgetting about the other variables.

I think the one thing that made me focus on looking at the scale is my BMI.

I'm 5'5- and they tell me a healthy weight is between 110-150 lbs

Right now I'm at 170 which isn't my goal, but 10bls lighter then I started.

You're right though. Muscle is heavier then fat-

And loosing inches is more important.

I Need to measure it with a body mass machine
  • amyhorsford5
    amyhorsford5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it will help but maybe try mixing up your exercise routine or try some different foods in your diet. I've hit these ripples to and usually you just have to try a different exercise or different routine. Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • Bananagirl32
    Options
    Ahh......I'm going to mix it up a bit, I've lean toward different exercise. I haven't changed up the food. It's a tricky thing that requires patience
  • Bananagirl32
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? Using cups and measuring spoons? If you are not losing weight, you are not in a calorie deficit.