alcohol!

Im a first time poster! I stopped drinking any alcohol for a while to cleanse my body............and It could be a coincidence but......Ive lost 9 lbs in one week! Im sure it's mostly water.......but I will take whatever I get! It is hard for me not to participate in the imbibing. In just this one week I was at four events where my friends and family were drinking, but I just keep thinking about the lb's and my liver. For me anyway, it seems to make all the difference in the world! I will go back to having a cocktail or two after a few weeks of cleansing.........but in a much more sparing way. signed........"surrounded by party animals".:drinker:

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    I also found going dry helped in weight loss, as many do

Each will have their own chosen alternative, you can only do what works for you

For me it was not go in a pub, others may have more control
  • I use to be a party animal myself, and I think that's where a lot of my weight gain has come from over the years. Since I started calorie counting I have been able to stay away from the alcohol. I was very surprised at how many calories alcohol contains. I feel better without it, and it just doesn't fit into my daily intake.
  • I work on a mine site 2 weeks at work one week at home, i dont drink alcohol when i am at work coz i would rather be in the gym and eating properly. however when i am home on break i like to have a few while catching up with friends and family. i think moderation is the key here, you have to allow yourself to enjoy a few things from time to time otherwise the routine becomes monotonous.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    I went from getting drunk at least 4 times a week to only having about two drinks a week (Last night being an exception). I lost my initial 12 pounds between August 2013 and April 2014 just cutting back with no change to eating or exercise habits. Since I've started counting calories, I've lost 5 pounds (in a month).

There's no reason to quit completely, just fit it into your macros and treat yourself every now and then if you do cheat days. I save the drinking for special occasions now. Drinking alone at home isn't worth the calories or temptation to overindulge for me.

Also, my body feels better.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    It makes a big difference!!! I'm having to change my friends and my hangouts, but seeing the scale move has made it totally worth it. :happy:
  • earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Drinking alcohol causes me to pack on the pounds, it makes my face puffy and increases my appetite. I stopped drinking and feel much better off without it.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    I recently took a hiatus from drinking. Before I would have drinks every night. Sometimes just a couple and sometimes...more. I decided to stop in March. Since then the only difference I saw is that 6 am doesn't come so early. I have more energy, which is very nice and I now go to bed at a reasonable hour. Weight wise, it's all the same. I drank some this weekend and didn't over-indulge, but still felt sleepy today. It's definitely going to be an occasional thing for me from now on.
  • I see that everyone agrees. With me..........it's soooooooooo obvious with water weight gain when I have too many drinks or too few days in-between. Everyone is different. My sisters drink like fishes and their face and eyes never swell up. I too (after this two week hiatus) have decided to have at the very least 4 days without alcohol after an outing that includes it. It's just simply what my body needs to flush out the toxins. 12lbs lost so far and Im finding it hard to eat all the calories im suppose to. Good luck everyone!