Over Points + Extra Exercise = Successful Day

Options
Okay, so twice this week (on days I hadn't planned to exercise) I went over points. What I am really proud of is that I made myself do unplanned exercise to get back down under my points for the day. On Wednesday I ate 2 unplanned biscuits with butter while preparing my kids' dinner and then had to hop on the elliptical for 65 minutes to burn them off. Let's say I learned that the biscuits are not worth having to skip my planned day off exercise. I had this little mantra going inside my head on the elliptical that went something like this "I hate those biscuits.":laugh: Then last night I ate some popcorn out of my daughter's bowl (hers had butter on it) and had to bundle up in 12 degree Chicago weather to walk the dog 15 minutes to stay under points. Lesson learned? I don't know. I am just proud I never let my days get so out of control this week that I couldn't salvage them with a little extra exercise. I am discovering I love my workout days because I get to eat more. And I LOVE to eat!:wink:

Replies

• Jody1949
    Jody1949 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I'm new to this dieting business so I find the MFP diary invaluable for letting me know if I have the leeway to have a sweey or how much of a workout I need to do to stay within my goals.
    Keep up the good work:l
    Jody:
  • AliAtIt4Life
    AliAtIt4Life Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good job every successful day is one more closer to your goal. Your my insperation for today. Thank you
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    Good job every successful day is one more closer to your goal. Your my insperation for today. Thank you

Thank you for your kind words. You made my day!
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    hahah too funny! I've found this site has so helped me cut down on eating the little extras that I wouldn't even think about (especially the stuff my 2 year old wouldn't finish LOL!)! I'm like...I don't want to have to log this and see my calories go up! I like your mantra on the eliptical! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!