Will I stil lose weight if I do not meet calories burned...

Options
I am supposed to burn 2270 calories a week, but some weeks I will be unable to do that. As long as I meet my daily calorie goal, will I continue to lose weight or do i need to meet my calories burned requirement?

Replies

• jammerg55
    jammerg55 Posts: 8
    Options
    When you do exercise, do you exercise long enough to break a sweat? Breaking a sweat is important because it increases heart rate which increases calorie burning. If you meet your calorie goal and workout long enough to break a sweat then you should still loose weight, mind you it probably won't be as much as you would like but weight lost is weight lost.
  • Cycle4Life99
    Options
    This is a difficult question to answer because each person's biochemistry is different. You might have to wait and see. Why not try to get some physical activity because it is important. If you have less activity, then it is even more of an imperative that you stay within your calorie intake goal.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Are you using MFP's settings? If so it doesn't matter because your deficit is already built in.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to burn 2270 calories a week, but some weeks I will be unable to do that. As long as I meet my daily calorie goal, will I continue to lose weight or do i need to meet my calories burned requirement?

What do you mean you are supposed to burn 2270 calories per week? Are you referring to the exercise goals that you set for the week? If this is the case, MFP does not take those into consideration until you log them as burned, and then you are supposed to eat them back (most people will eat 50-75% of them back due to over estimation on the burn).

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Your calories burned seem a bit high; I'm set at .5lbs/week, and I'm aiming to burn 4-500 per week. What do you have your weekly exercise/time/goals sent to?
  • hasnainb
    hasnainb Posts: 9
    Options
    .Ok thanks guys
  • hasnainb
    hasnainb Posts: 9
    Options
    Your calories burned seem a bit high; I'm set at .5lbs/week, and I'm aiming to burn 4-500 per week. What do you have your weekly exercise/time/goals sent to?

I'm set at 1bls a week and I usually go workout for 120 min 4 times a week