Vegn/Raw Vegan/Raw till 4 Lifestyles

Options
Hello there fruit lovers :D

I've always wanted to go vegan or at least try it out for a month but no one in my family supports that for me .. then, I found out about the raw vegan lifestyle. Its so awesome!! I love their meals/deserts. But now, I found out about the raw till 4 lifestyle :O
You pretty much eat fruits until 4 p.m then for dinner you eat a very healthy high carb cooked meal such as gluten free,sodium free, fat free and oil free wild rice or brown rice pasta and healthy sauce with veggies or rice and potatoes. Its very simply yet tasty!

Anyone tried it? I feel it would work great with me since I am a fruit fanatic and love eating high carb meals. I am thinking of trying it out for a week but I wanted to hear some advice from those who tried it .. Id even like to support anyone who is willing to try it !

Any thoughts or ideas or experiences with these lifestyles?

Replies

• Terraleigh23
    Terraleigh23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have lost 7 ponds in a week eating this way. im always full and very rarely do I even get cravings for sweets anymore. im in love :)
  • sadvegan
    sadvegan Posts: 9
    Options
    I lost my addiction to sugar this way. I wanna restart doing raw till 4 again. I love it too. Best feeling ever. I have so much energy. My family recently has supported me being vegan/plant based. It's nice for a change. I do still do a bit of oil and sodium personally however. Not too much though. I like soy sauce on my rice, and nut butters, coconut oil and avocado oil for my omega 3's and 6 fatty acids.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Where is the protein in what you describe? Only fruit until dinner sounds unnecessarily restrictive, and cuts out two needed macros. Vegan is fine, but you still need balance.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    So where is the protein and fat? It sounds really gimmicky to me and not sustainable at all
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I believe there are groups of 80/10/10 followers. Best of luck, but I need more protein and fat.
  • Terraleigh23
    Options
    there is tons of protein in what I eat. when I look at the nutrition scales after im done logging im basically 100% of all my daily intake. it is a common misconception that you do not get necessary protein from plant life. after all where do you think the animals that are being eaten get there protein. you get there leftovers. with far less nutrition in it. along with mono saturated trans and saturated fats. where eating plant rice potatoes veggies grains and what ever else you go directly to the source of protein and don't getting the unnecessary toxins on growth hormones and fats. put a baby in a crib with a bunny and a apple... let me know when they baby plays with the apple and eats the furry bunny. we have no carnivores instincts until we are taught. unlike real carnivores or omnivores who posses it from the day they are born. but that's just what scientific studies show. and a lot more also. but people will only do what they are taught until they decided to change there way of thinking.
  • Terraleigh23
    Options
    oh AND also there is no calorie restriction you can eat as much as you want as long as you want until you are absolutely full and satisfied. I eat more now than before while working with a personal trainer eating "lean meats" and what not. I have also lost more weight than when I was on my other life styles.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    there is tons of protein in what I eat. when I look at the nutrition scales after im done logging im basically 100% of all my daily intake. it is a common misconception that you do not get necessary protein from plant life. after all where do you think the animals that are being eaten get there protein. you get there leftovers. with far less nutrition in it. along with mono saturated trans and saturated fats. where eating plant rice potatoes veggies grains and what ever else you go directly to the source of protein and don't getting the unnecessary toxins on growth hormones and fats. put a baby in a crib with a bunny and a apple... let me know when they baby plays with the apple and eats the furry bunny. we have no carnivores instincts until we are taught. unlike real carnivores or omnivores who posses it from the day they are born. but that's just what scientific studies show. and a lot more also. but people will only do what they are taught until they decided to change there way of thinking.

In 5 days you had 98g of protein that is not "tons". The rest of your post is nonsense.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    oh AND also there is no calorie restriction you can eat as much as you want as long as you want until you are absolutely full and satisfied. I eat more now than before while working with a personal trainer eating "lean meats" and what not. I have also lost more weight than when I was on my other life styles.

Probably because you are still eating at a deficit. "No calorie restriction" sounds a lot like what that Freelee and Harley pair touts online. But they also have huge burns each day, and can afford not to calorie count since it seems like they're never not working out.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

I've always wanted to go vegan or at least try it out for a month but no one in my family supports that for me .. then, I found out about the raw vegan lifestyle. Its so awesome!! I love their meals/deserts. But now, I found out about the raw till 4 lifestyle :O
    You pretty much eat fruits until 4 p.m then for dinner you eat a very healthy high carb cooked meal such as gluten free,sodium free, fat free and oil free wild rice or brown rice pasta and healthy sauce with veggies or rice and potatoes. Its very simply yet tasty!

Anyone tried it? I feel it would work great with me since I am a fruit fanatic and love eating high carb meals. I am thinking of trying it out for a week but I wanted to hear some advice from those who tried it .. Id even like to support anyone who is willing to try it !

My thoughts:

I personally do not agree with the fully raw vegan lifestyle. It's a pretty restrictive one and can become expensive (especially if you are opting to eat organically). Raw til 4 is a little less restrictive. As long as you are incredibly smart and make sure you're hitting your macros on it, that's all that matters.

If you're just pursuing raw veganism/raw til 4 for weight loss (rather than going plain vegan like you said up at the top), I would reconsider. Following a diet just to lose weight isn't sustainable in the long run. Once you go back to eating the way you were, the weight can come back.

I'd recommend doing a lot of research (and not just Youtube videos from "gurus" who are not professionals). Map out some meal plans for yourself, and see if you're able to meet your nutrient, protein, fat, ect goals. See if it's something you can afford. Talk to a doctor about your plans, and see if it will be sustainable for your body and your health. Given how restrictive it is, it's good to plan ahead before jumping in blindly.
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Where did Popeye get his protein from? ;)

Go for it. I'm Vegan, eat alot of fruits and veggies but am not 100% raw,
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

So tell me...how much spinach do you have to eat? I love spinach...eat it every day but if I eat too much ( which does nothing for my protein goals) I poop green and pieces of spinach. I put it in a bowl and dip it in hot sauce. Very yummy.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and so far it hasn't made a difference in my weight (been veg for 6 months) but it's made a difference in how I feel. So if you're doing it just for weight loss you may be disappointed. I am not vegan though. I am lacto-ovo. My doctor says this is very healthy.

Why just fruits until 4pm? Why not vegetables, what is the logic? Is it because of the carbs?
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options

So tell me...how much spinach do you have to eat? I love spinach...eat it every day but if I eat too much ( which does nothing for my protein goals) I poop green and pieces of spinach. I put it in a bowl and dip it in hot sauce. Very yummy.

Lol, I don't eat just spinach (just used that as an example.) I get protein and other nutrients etc from a variety of different fruits, vegetables, nuts etc.

It's completely healthy and fine.
  • conquertheself
    conquertheself Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I lost my addiction to sugar this way. I wanna restart doing raw till 4 again. I love it too. Best feeling ever. I have so much energy. My family recently has supported me being vegan/plant based. It's nice for a change. I do still do a bit of oil and sodium personally however. Not too much though. I like soy sauce on my rice, and nut butters, coconut oil and avocado oil for my omega 3's and 6 fatty acids.

Fruits are so satisfying. I did it for 10 days then my family screwed it up, they leave me with no choice but I will get back on track tomorrow. Thanks for the comment and I probably will add soy sauces as well and nut butters (oh I cant live without my nut butters) so it might not be 100% but close enough :)
  • conquertheself
    Options
    Where is the protein in what you describe? Only fruit until dinner sounds unnecessarily restrictive, and cuts out two needed macros. Vegan is fine, but you still need balance.

I actually tried it and logged in my meals and at the end of the day I found that I consumed 50 grams of protein (It all came from hemp seeds, greens as well as potatoes)
  • conquertheself
    Options

LOL omg that is such a disgusting comment, you eat your poopy spinach? EWW. :b
    There are hemp seed protein to add to smoothies and a bunch healthy fatty protein seeds out there. It fits the vegan lifestyle that's for sure unless one is trying to go very low fat.
  • conquertheself
    Options

My thoughts:

I personally do not agree with the fully raw vegan lifestyle. It's a pretty restrictive one and can become expensive (especially if you are opting to eat organically). Raw til 4 is a little less restrictive. As long as you are incredibly smart and make sure you're hitting your macros on it, that's all that matters.

If you're just pursuing raw veganism/raw til 4 for weight loss (rather than going plain vegan like you said up at the top), I would reconsider. Following a diet just to lose weight isn't sustainable in the long run. Once you go back to eating the way you were, the weight can come back.

I'd recommend doing a lot of research (and not just Youtube videos from "gurus" who are not professionals). Map out some meal plans for yourself, and see if you're able to meet your nutrient, protein, fat, ect goals. See if it's something you can afford. Talk to a doctor about your plans, and see if it will be sustainable for your body and your health. Given how restrictive it is, it's good to plan ahead before jumping in blindly.

Thank you for your opinion! It totally helps and makes a lot of sense! You are right about doing a lot of research and well I am hoping to make it part of my lifestyle, I did go vegan for 10 days and it helped on just starting to eat more fruits and veggies and to make wiser clean food choices. It;s a great way to pick up the habit of eating them fruits/veggies. Thanks again!
  • frugivore21
    Options
    I've decided to start Raw Till 4 also! I love fruit and carbs, so this seems absolutely perfect for me. I'm already vegan, so no issues there! And the "eat as much as you care for" thing is really appealing as well. This is my second day and I feel VERY pleased with the way I am eating. I'm having no problems keeping within 10 percent fat and protein. I've done tons of research on this lifestyle and am very confident that it will work well for me!
  • sarahhhx18
    Options
    I did this last summer and was in such good shape...i didnt keep up with it and now I'm 15 pounds heavier. Going back to this lifestyle tomorrow