New here

Options
Hello all x My name is Theresa, I am 34 and a married mum to three kids. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis which is in remission at the min. I've been encouraged by my nurse to do some cardio work and Pilates to help with my condition. Fibro causes widespread pain and fatigue. It was bad for me at the start but getting better through movement :) I suffer a lot of stiffness so hoping that the Pilates (which I started this morning) will help with that :). I currently weigh 11 st 3lbs and 5 foot 8in. I'm not overweight but ai would like to get back to ten stone which is where I was when I first lost weight a few years ago. My aim is to eat better, use Pilates 3 x a week to improve my condition and maybe throw in some cardio by way of playing Just Dance on the wii.

I lost two stone 5lbs a few years ago by eating better and exercising with wii fit and moving onto a cardio workout which was also on the wii. I didnt have my condition then so I will have to wait and see how it goes :)

Replies

• TheLoneButler
    TheLoneButler Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Coming back into fitness and healthy life style after medical troubles is always a challenge, but I believe you can persevere and achieve whatever you want to achieve.

I'm looking forward to hearing progress as you embark on this journey.
    Don't be afraid to give me a shout if you'd like some motivation or some tips to spike up your cardio.
  • fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    Thank you! I am going to give this a hundred per cent. I've done it before pre illness. I'm a strong minded person so I am sure I can do it again :)