Share your diary - broaden your food horizon

Options
13»

Replies

• tanyaj2014
    tanyaj2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for replying :-) i ate just over 1200 calories yesterday (didnt really feel like I could eat more) and had a net of just over 750 after the exercise was taken off, is that bad? I'm not to sure I understand this yet lol. My calorie goal is 1580 x
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Just an observation, but most people describe their diaries as boring, with a large proportion eating the same things every day (I'm the same, btw). I like boring - everything I eat I like, it's easy and quick to prepare (and log!) and is mostly nutritionally sound.

Wonder if that's a factor in a lot of people's success?

Feel free to look at mine, even though you may not recognise some of it because I don't live in the same country :)

I think you're right. I stick to what works, and what gives me high protein. I also need to make things my children like. Their favourite meal seems to be chicken or fish and veg, which is great as it works for me, and is so easy to prepare. They also love jacket potato and tuna.

Yes, I've noticed that there are some things (in my case, a couple variations on both seitan and lentils) that are easy to make, high protein, and will make excellent leftovers for lunch. And if I have them on hand I don't tend to fall of the wagon. I definitely need to add more fruit/veg to my diet, but having the basics be the same seems to work for me.

OP, my diary is always open but other than the "falling off the wagon" stuff the main dishes are mostly recipes I input myself. So I'm not sure how helpful it would be.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Mine is always open!
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Mine is open as well... I don't look at the macro thing yet. I am still on the "just staying under my goal" mode. I have made improvements over time, but still have a long way to go. It's a life long journey, so I have plenty of time to work on getting better.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I eater fattier cuts of meat than I think many here prefer, since I get my meat from a local farm (not the seafood, of course) and so go with what they have. Like others said, probably kind of boring. Also, I mostly don't bother creating recipes so in some cases the lists of ingredients may go to a couple different things and look weird together.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I keep my diary open as well. Anyone on here is free to take a peak or add me as a friend.

I agree that this will help get new food ideas

Me, too...mine isn't as exciting as most would expect...I don't cook at home much; all four of us take turns. I cook all day long, so when I get home, I don't even really want to look at food. But feel free to poke around...send me a friend request...it's all good.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I tend to eat around 1600-1800 although I did readjust since I'm off for the summer and my activity level is a little lower.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Look at suppers on mine -- but not yet. I've just returned after a long hiatus but changed how I'm keeping the diary so past entries are screwed up.

I'm always looking to make something interesting for supper and sometimes succeed. Since I'm retired, I have time most days to dither about what to make like right now. I have brown & wild rice cooking in the oven but I still haven't decided what will happen to it for supper.

Here's how the dither works -- google is your friend. Just put in the ingredients that come to mind and the word "recipe." You'll find lots of 'em. Who da thunk that googling "red cabbage sweet potato recipe" would come up with so many things? They make a great curry. Who knew?

So, right now, I'd better go back to "brown wild rice recipe" results to get some inspiration for tonight because I'm currently without. Check back in a couple hours and you'll see what I put with it.
  • nickyjo2014
    Options
    Hiya, I think my diary might be useful to you! We both are from the UK and shop in Sainsburys by the looks of it. Btw, I'm generally under target during the week cause I'm generally over at the weekends - I aim for my weekly calories being correct. I'm still pretty new to this but you're welcome to see what I eat!