Weigh ins?

Options
I am very new to this site, only started last night but have been doing a "biggest loser" challenge with coworkers and have lost about 3.8 pounds since Wedesday, Yahoo!! My question is I find myself so excited to get up every morning and weigh but I just read I should only be doing so once a week....? What do you all do?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Huskychemist
    Huskychemist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Once per week, every Saturday morning, wearing the same clothes, but without shoes.
  • k8tmama
    k8tmama Posts: 58
    Options
    I have just started this week and have been weighing in every day. It really is better to weigh in once a week or so because your weight can fluctuate with water or whatever, but I wanted to keep a close eye on how my body is responding to a totally different way of eating--low carb, more fat than I ever would in the past when I was trying to lose weight, keeping track of calories. I wanted to make sure I wasn't gaining. I've lost or stayed the same every day this week. I may start weighing myself less often now that I see it working.

I wish you the best with your goals! :)
  • ttova
    ttova Posts: 11
    Options
    Everyone says not to weigh yourself every day as it can get disheartenig to see a few pounds up with normal fluctuations.. But I agree with k8tmama and honestly when I do weight myself everyday I stay more focused.
  • happydaywitty
    happydaywitty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning. My scale is sitting right there in the bathroom looking at me. lol I cant just ignore it.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    It really depend of your relationship with the scale. If seeing it fluctuate from day to day does not bother you and help you understand what you did right or wrong the day before, weight yourself every day. If it makes you upset, doubt yourself or makes you want to quit, then put the evil thing away and use it only once a week
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    LMAO :laugh:
  • elina_t
    elina_t Posts: 11
    Options
    It really depends on you. If you're the type of person to get all worked up over a pound of gain overnight, then I would say to stick with once per week. If you can acknowledge that fluctuations happen and not worry too much about it, then I would recommend daily. I weigh daily and track the overall trend. I don't worry about gain unless it's a steady pattern or doesn't go away after a few days.
  • It really depend of your relationship with the scale. If seeing it fluctuate from day to day does not bother you and help you understand what you did right or wrong the day before, weight yourself every day. If it makes you upset, doubt yourself or makes you want to quit, then put the evil thing away and use it only once a week

Couldn't of said it better myself!

Personally I check my weight every day, personally if I see it go up a bit it helps me give my workout that extra push. And if I see I lost a bit it makes me want to work even harder to lose more!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I can't resist weighing every day, but I've decided I'll only log once a week, having gotten rather over-excited by a sudden drop that soon went back up ;)
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day-but am going away from that. I personally, get too upset if it goes up. However-I have always only "logged" it once a week-every Friday.