Side Dishes

Options
I'm making lemon pepper tilapia for dinner tonight, and I don't know what to serve as a side dish! Suggestions please.

Replies

• tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy. All I can say is asparagus or broccoli, but as far as a non-vegetable side I dont know. Try checking out www.hungrygirl.com They have a lot of low-fat recipe ideas.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Brown rice and a vegetable.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    WOW - we are having the same... I plan on making asparagus and some rice
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I like to lightly steam broccoli and then roast it in the oven with a little bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I also like to do the same thing with fingerling potatoes, but for fish I would probably serve a rice pilaf. Check out myveggietable.com for the recipes.
  • anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Fresh string beans sauteed in a drizzle of olive oil and minced garlic.
  • wecancollide
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I appreciate it!
  • lillmssy
    Options
    Grilled asparagus.....spray with a little olive oil.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    quinoa pilaf is yummy, just had that with tilapia on Monday night. Brown rice and some sort of vegetable and a salad are good too.
  • Daniisawesome
    Options
    I like to steam cauliflower and put it in the food processor with a smidge of butter and cheese. It tastes just like mashed potatoes to me, and it has less carbs. If you feel like that isn't enough nutrition, I add a little steamed broccoli to the mix.:happy:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I like to steam cauliflower and put it in the food processor with a smidge of butter and cheese. It tastes just like mashed potatoes to me, and it has less carbs. If you feel like that isn't enough nutrition, I add a little steamed broccoli to the mix.:happy:

Ohhh! Sounds yummy. I am going to try this one out for sure.!
  • wecancollide
    Options

I've done that before, it's SO good!