I feel like I'm home..
    Nerd Cred:

Old School D&D
    Anime/Manga you name it
    Usually anything with the word Star..from Trek to Wars
    HTML 5 is my new favorite hobby
    Rock star in the OG Sega Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog
    Researching various 8-bit patterns to knit for my Pug's sweater
    Still remember exactly how long it took to load a page on my 1200 baud modem on Prodigy
    Thinks that Reddit is just revamped Usenet
    Looks back fondly to bright pink hair and shakes my fist at responsibilities/age that limit from rocking it again
    Have a permanent injury to my right thumb because of the X button
    HATES that Barnes & Nobles clumps Sci-Fi and Fantasy in the same section

Oh about 13lbs to go to get back into college shape.

So true. I also hate that they put sci-fi and fantasy novels onto the "New Fiction" shelves, just because movies were produced based off of them. Ender's Game, for example. It was published in the 80's! Far from New Fiction!
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    All right, now that we have collected under a single banner of Nerdom, I think it might be a good time for our illustrious leader to start an MFP group called "Nerds" so we can all talk shop out of earshot of those silly jocks that just aren't going to appreciate that an hour of Walking Dead can be categorized as cardio as long as it gets our heart rates up enough :smile:

Seriously though it would be nice to post somewhere that folks don't just jump in and start shouting eat less food, do more cardio, you aren't eating enough, the type of foods you eat don't matter - calories in calories out.

I mean sure that stuff might all be true to some extent, but I feel bad for the new folks that just get smashed on with the same four lines over and over.
  • wissabear
    wissabear Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm told I'm a nerd :)

I'm a NASA Flight controller, total space Nut :)

I'm also in a Medevil Recreation Society (SCA)

And last weekend I danced at Comicpalooza with my belly dance troupe. One of my favorite songs to solo to is Weird Al's White and Nerdy. The crowd gets it :)
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Wonder Twin powers activate.....

Form of a gorilla....

Form of a bucket of water.....
  • tmyers541
    tmyers541 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nerd family here! Here's my qualifications:

I played FFXI for YEARS. Dabbled in WoW but had to retire early when I had my baby.

My husband is such a nerd that he created a really successful youtube channel based on a really nerdy online game. Go him!

We both want to start going to the cons but feel way too self conscious. Hoping that I can talk him into dressing up (although he'll probably just let me amuse myself and skip the costume).

I collected comics as a kid and x-men trading cards. And I was serious about those cards.

I also collect those Funko Pop vinyls, working on TMNT and Game of Thrones :)

Loot Crate is like christmas every month for me.

We want to raise or child to be a nerd.
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

And last weekend I danced at Comicpalooza with my belly dance troupe. One of my favorite songs to solo to is Weird Al's White and Nerdy. The crowd gets it :)

OoooOooOOOoo... do you get to... you know... count down, and push buttons and make the shuttles do the boomy, zoomy, WOOOOOOOOSH thing?
  • tmyers541
    tmyers541 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

OoooOooOOOoo... do you get to... you know... count down, and push buttons and make the shuttles do the boomy, zoomy, WOOOOOOOOSH thing?

I read that in a timey wimey voice.
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It's like home~

I love all games (now if I could just find a good table top group, I miss my Iron Kingdoms game T~T), but am currently doting over a mean Puzzle and Dragons habit and Bravely Default. I code in my spare time (Android apps, websites, a scripter for FFXI), don't look at me like that. I love anime and manga, but I don't get as much of it as I used to. I'll read, draw, and listen to anything; especially that last one, I'm a sick audiophile. I'm sad there isn't more FFXI love in the thread but I realize that I've been playing the game for a decade and that's probably weird. I love going to GenCon and ACen every year (or at least when I can) but I refuse to cosplay until I lose more weight.

Recently the Fiancee has us shotgunning Star Trek and I've been liking it more or less. We're up to season for of TNG (Yes we watched ALL of the Original Series... I think I liked it more so far, it was more fun).

I kinda don't know what to say. Everyone here seems more nerdy than me and I feel like I should hide in a corner. :blushing:
  • ladychemical
    Options
    This looks like a great thread to introduce myself. Hi I'm Amanda. Been on MFP for a while but never got into the community part, which is probably why I stopped using for awhile, now I'd like to join in the community part and make some friends and enjoy my journey to getting healthy!

I believe I'm qualified as a nerd. Main games I've been playing right now are League of Legends, Skyrim: Elder Scrolls and D&D Neverwinter. Assassin's Creed games. Looking to find more games, but PS4 is quite the slim picking atm. Love anime, watching Bleach right now, favorites are InuYasha and Deathnote. Got a list of what ones to watch like One Piece. I'm a big book nerd, I go through books like crazy.

One day I hope to cosplay as a LOL champion like Ashe or Katarina when I reach my goal!
  • Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I believe you earned a nerd badge here.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I think it's become obvious that, as mentioned above, we clearly need a nerd group so we can talk shop!

(Anybody in TES MMO? How is it? TELL ME EVERYTHING!)
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I think it's become obvious that, as mentioned above, we clearly need a nerd group so we can talk shop!

I did the beta and wasn't impressed enough to buy it right away. It just wasn't what I was hoping for.
  • Savemyshannon
    Options

I did the beta and wasn't impressed enough to buy it right away. It just wasn't what I was hoping for.

That's disappointing, I had such high hopes. I didn't get into the beta and I'm unsure about spending so much money on the game before I know if I like it. I guess I'll just stick to FFXIV for a while.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options

That's disappointing, I had such high hopes. I didn't get into the beta and I'm unsure about spending so much money on the game before I know if I like it. I guess I'll just stick to FFXIV for a while.

Yeah beta was a letdown for me too and I keep watching the youtube to see if it has improved and not so much. Oddly, the funnest MMO I've played recently is Star Wars just because they did a great job on the single player solo stories.

Like all MMO's eventually it just becomes a grind if you want to keep playing but for the class stories alone it is fun to go through.

Next game I am oddly excited about is one called "The Forest". Single player survival with zombies. You get to build forts with trees you have to chop down and fight off the infected onslaught with stuff you make on this creepy island your plane crashed on.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    Options

FFXIV is what I would have recommended as a substitute, if needed. :-P
  • Savemyshannon
    Options

Yeah beta was a letdown for me too and I keep watching the youtube to see if it has improved and not so much. Oddly, the funnest MMO I've played recently is Star Wars just because they did a great job on the single player solo stories.

Like all MMO's eventually it just becomes a grind if you want to keep playing but for the class stories alone it is fun to go through.

Next game I am oddly excited about is one called "The Forest". Single player survival with zombies. You get to build forts with trees you have to chop down and fight off the infected onslaught with stuff you make on this creepy island your plane crashed on.

That sounds right up my alley. I know, I know, zombies are so overdone nowadays but that's because they have good value. I was playing The Last of Us and was so in love with the game, but then my bf and I split and he was the official owner of the PS, so now I have to go without for a while! Hahaha.

Health related, if anyone loves zombie games, then I definitely suggest Zombies, Run! as a workout app. It's amazingly fun.

Personally, I love MMOs. They can be a grind alone, yes, but I've made some really good friends and end up having a blast in game with them. :)
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

That sounds right up my alley. I know, I know, zombies are so overdone nowadays but that's because they have good value. I was playing The Last of Us and was so in love with the game, but then my bf and I split and he was the official owner of the PS, so now I have to go without for a while! Hahaha.

Health related, if anyone loves zombie games, then I definitely suggest Zombies, Run! as a workout app. It's amazingly fun.

Personally, I love MMOs. They can be a grind alone, yes, but I've made some really good friends and end up having a blast in game with them. :)

There is a gamer group. Anyone is more than welcome to join......

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19-mfp-gamers
  • conqueringsquidlette
    Options
    My voice is in Zombies Run!

I did one of the radio call-ins, but I've never gotten far enough along to hear it.... lol
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Alyssa, 26, 70ish lbs to lose. Lost all of my weight so far doing more active video games!
  • Nazy1343
    Nazy1343 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Since when is watching good TV and playing cool games nerdy? A nerd is "a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious.".
    I also am a huge fan of all the shows/games you listed but instead I consider us all pretty damn awesome!