Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    There are none, save your money. You're welcome
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    There are these organs. I'm sure you have them, but if not the black market is a good place to look. You could also try hospitals, but that seems more risky.

Anyway, these organs are called your kidney(s) and liver. Once you get those, you should be set for life.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's called eating a balanced diet and letting your detox organs do their job. Doing these fad detoxes can actually do harm and never do any good. When you put nothing in your system but things like maple syrup and mint leaves, the healthy flora of your digestive tract can be starved out, thinning the population. Then, when you eat normally again, you're less able to properly digest your food leading to possible gastric upset and poor nutrient absorption.

Detoxes are what's toxic to the human body these days. Stay away from the money grab that modern day snake oil salesmen are peddling to the willingly ignorant and gullible segment of the population.

What are schools teaching these days because the curriculum doesn't seem to focus on basic human anatomy anymore? :grumble:
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    If you are suffering from toxins within your body, you'll need to contact your local Poison Control Center immediately and seek medical attention.

If possible, collect a sample of the plant you ingested or a picture/corpse of the insect/animal that injected you. This will greatly aid medical personnel in treating you.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag128/ksy1969/Pics for Forums/House_TTA_zpsb8f895f6.jpg[/img]
  • Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    Options
    Naysayers beware...lol.

I believe in assisting the body in detoxing itself as well as cleansing the colon AND eating certain foods that will help keep the body healthy, help with digestion ( which is the core of your immune system) and raise overall wellness. Certain foods have been used by other cultures and have shown to be beneficial in boosting natural wellness.

You do NOT have to buy some celebrity program /pills or other crap item to help your body rid waste products and help boost wellness...nope you do not. Don't do extreme stuff like trying to "flush" out your body either...it can be very harmful.

If you want to detox your body really there is not much you need to do except if you want to go the super food route that might boost the effectiveness of natural detoxification of liver and kidneys.

Mind you that eating these foods will help your overall health and these foods are on the list for foods to be eaten on a diet, some of these foods you can basically pig out on all day , especially the green veggies cause they are just kick *kitten* in nutrients, detoxing and have other health benefits, not to mention they will help you lose weight haha.

Here is a list of super-foods that have detox properties and also many other health benefits as well. This is not an all inclusive list, just named a few to get you started .

Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocados, Beets, Broccoli, Garlic, Ginger, Cinnamon , Grapefruit, Lemons, Kale , Strawberries , Pomegranate, Apples, Cabbage, Spinach , Green Tea , Olive Oil, nuts, legumes, flax seed, wheat Germ....and many others.

Just google Super-Foods and you will find a more extensive list and all the healthy properties of these foods!

Good luck!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    That was quick
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

I believe in assisting the body in detoxing itself as well as ...

My daughters believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus...

1000 years ago, everyone believed the earth was flat.

Funny thing how beliefs aren't always equal to truths.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Sigh...there is no such thing as a 'superfood'. That word is a marketing term made up to sell products.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Sigh...there is no such thing as a 'superfood'. That word is a marketing term made up to sell products.

Not true. May I introduce you to:

aqua-teen-hunger-force-780494_zps8f0499f5.jpg
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Not true. May I introduce you to:

aqua-teen-hunger-force-780494_zps8f0499f5.jpg

Bahaha! Touché
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Unnecessary and Pointless
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You mean you drank water and pooped today?

Good job!
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Being Canadian....I prefer the moose cleanse.......(pretty funny read)

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/02/the-moose-cleanse/272788/
  • twinmuma
    twinmuma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, there really are some cynical people on these boards.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I disagree. I think we just saved you lots of time disappointment and money.

But hey do what you like.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Wow, there really are some EDUCATED people on these boards.

Fixed it for you.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Translation - Wow, there really are some people on these boards who know that detoxes and cleanses are the modern equivalent to snake oil, and they've just saved me time, money, and (potentially) my health by sharing their knowledge.
  • MrsCameron87
    Options
    Good grief....

I just joined the other day... and starting to look around, and threads like these, filled with judgment and sarcasm are DEF not motivating!

Hopefully I can learn how to avoid these threads....

Can't we all just speak to each other in a respectful manner? And maybe be a little more open to what other people have to say!

We are all on here cause we are or did fight a similar battle with some form of health or weight loss -- so, let's encourage the people that are asking questions and wanting to learn and not shame them.

Sorry, I know that's a bit of a rant, it all just rubbed me the wrong way.