Banana Girl

Options
I've just read this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2644730/Freelee-Banana-Girl-eats-2-kilos-potatoes-ONE-sitting-credits-unusual-diet-not-strict-workout-regime-incredibly-lean-figure.html

Does she really have a cult following and are there people out there eating 50+ bananas etc per day?

I'm interested in your thoughts.

I'm not convinced.

Replies

• BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    UGHHHHH whyyyyyyyy
  • jrknotts
    jrknotts Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    She's crazy. Just watch her videos.

C R A Z Y.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Well if she eats 2 kilos of potatos in one sitting, one thing's for sure...she's full of it... :P
  • amykr93
    amykr93 Posts: 65
    Options
    Yes.

I know a girl who is a raw till 4 vegan and she basically only eats fruit and veg, and sometimes rice and potatoes.

She eats over 3500 calories a day, with little protein or fat, the majority of which are 'mono-meal' and has lost body fat as well as increasing strength.
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    So I actually started this about 3 days ago. I don't however eat 51 bananas. That is excessive. Glad she can do it! I eat about 10-15, my reasoning is that I make really poor food choices a lot.. and I also eat things that have little to no calories. They are good for me, but... just not filling nor do they sustain me through out the day. The bananas kill my hunger, keep me full, give out tons of sugar to keep me going, and usually curb my sweet tooth. Idk if you should eat only bananas... or like she does eat potatos and such but at the same time if you eat nothing else but fruits and veggies, what can a potato really do to you? Lol...

Hope this is insightful.
    If I were you I would watch her youtube videos before forming an opinion though, the articles only tell one side..
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    In, because I've heard of this!!
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Calories in vs. calories out.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I know a girl who is a raw till 4 vegan and she basically only eats fruit and veg, and sometimes rice and potatoes.

She eats over 3500 calories a day, with little protein or fat, the majority of which are 'mono-meal' and has lost body fat as well as increasing strength.

I call BS on this!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I don't get how she can eat 2000-5000 calories per day without a ridiculous fitness regime and not gain weight. If it's truly calories in vs. calories out, which I believe, then she has to be either 1.) lying about the amount of calories she eats or 2) lying about the amount of exercise she's doing.

"Carb up, eat a minimum of 10 bananas a day, and you'll be lean." It's just not that simple.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    So I actually started this about 3 days ago. I don't however eat 51 bananas. That is excessive. Glad she can do it! I eat about 10-15, my reasoning is that I make really poor food choices a lot.. and I also eat things that have little to no calories. They are good for me, but... just not filling nor do they sustain me through out the day. The bananas kill my hunger, keep me full, give out tons of sugar to keep me going, and usually curb my sweet tooth. Idk if you should eat only bananas... or like she does eat potatos and such but at the same time if you eat nothing else but fruits and veggies, what can a potato really do to you? Lol...

Hope this is insightful.
    If I were you I would watch her youtube videos before forming an opinion though, the articles only tell one side..

A banana has on average 100 calories so you eat 1000-1500 calories (on average) worth of bananas daily??
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I must click on every topic about Freelee because she's a trainwreck.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Hope this is insightful.

You do realize the satiatery rating of a banana is pretty much that of a cookie right?
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    I actually take in about 17-2000 calories a day. When I eat bananas. But I also burn about 3-400cals in work outs plus drink about 3 liters of water a day if not more.. I've lost about 2-3lbs of water weight. I haven't noticed much significant anything but I am only trying this out.

Not long term....

we'll see don't knock it til you try it I guess.
  • nilbogger
    Options

Hope this is insightful.

You do realize the satiatery rating of a banana is pretty much that of a cookie right?

Do you think I could popularize a 30 Cookies a Day diet? Nilbogger, The Cookie Lady. Hmmm...
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    She is super annoying. Probably the only Australian person I don't want to hear talking.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I like the doctor's assessment as the end, ah, a voice of reason. You know, fad diets, weight gain after stopping, a form of disordered eating, etc.
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    I also stay at my caloric goal every day of 1450cals after exercise :) so Idk, maybe it really depends on exercise. I don't believe that she can do no exercise and be that lean. Maybe she lies about that!! I also dont believe you can eat potatoes in excess either... but bananas at the stage she eats them are easier to digest, and in a smoothie accompanied by water... honestly doubt its going to hurt anyone.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Hope this is insightful.

Do you think I could popularize a 30 Cookies a Day diet? Nilbogger, The Cookie Lady. Hmmm...

IN!

Wait, Pretty sure I am already the cookie lady.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I also stay at my caloric goal every day of 1450cals after exercise :) so Idk, maybe it really depends on exercise. I don't believe that she can do no exercise and be that lean. Maybe she lies about that!! I also dont believe you can eat potatoes in excess either... but bananas at the stage she eats them are easier to digest, and in a smoothie accompanied by water... honestly doubt its going to hurt anyone.

Then what you are doing is calories out vs. calories in.

It's no different than people who only eat bro foods like a broccoli and chicken.
  • nilbogger
    Options

Hope this is insightful.

IN!

Wait, Pretty sure I am already the cookie lady.

Of course you'd have to switch up the cookies for maximum nutrition. Oatmeal raisin, white chcolate macadamia, peanut butter, Oreos, Samoas, etc.