Lost Weight in body, but Not in Face?

Options
Hi, I recently lost 32 lbs and I'm a lot skinnier, but my face is definitely not as thin as it was when I was previously this weight a few years ago. Has this happened to any of you that have recently lost a lot of weight? Does your face eventually drop the weight as your body adjusts to your new weight?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    people loss fat from different spots first, so its not uncommon to see this. my face has thinned out, but like you i feel like its been thinner before and currently im at my lightest weight since highschool. it'll catch up eventually tho, i have yet to see someone with a 6-pack and a fat face
  • fatasfack
    fatasfack Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Okay, that's good to know. Congrats on your weight loss.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've had big ol' chipmunk cheeks no matter my weight (thanks, Dad, for your ridiculously strong genetics!), so hold out hope that since you used to have a more slender face, you eventually will again. ;)
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs and my face does look a little different. It's all about the shape of your face though. I have a fuller face. :)
  • fatasfack
    Options
    Haha, fingers crossed
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yeah my face is the last place to thin out. This might sound weird but, my hands thin out first before anything else. It was a long time before anything else thinned.
  • fatasfack
    Options
    Okay, that's good to know. I'm worried I've permanently fattened my face. We will see.
  • aly_mc
    aly_mc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You have probably lost a bit of weight from your face.

I didn't lose much from my face, or thought I didn't lose any, but then compared a photo of myself to a little while ago and noticed a very very very slight difference. Not one that anybody else would notice.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    This is also my problem, but I have unusually fat cheeks and have a double chin even when I'm "skinny."

I still have 10 lbs to go & I'm left wondering if I'll just always have a chubby face.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Are you just going by what you see in the mirror or are you comparing pictures? I thought the same thing when I looked in the mirror but when I did a side by side pic I was surprised to see a big difference in my face.
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It's genetics. Even when I was super skinny, it looked like I had a constant double chin. Not much you can do.
  • tcbs99
    tcbs99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think my face has been where I've seen the most difference. I have not seen much change in my clothes at all. I hope when I get to 30 to 40 lbs loss, I will see a change.
  • natstar26
    natstar26 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Are you just going by what you see in the mirror or are you comparing pictures? I thought the same thing when I looked in the mirror but when I did a side by side pic I was surprised to see a big difference in my face.

^^ this

I had lost weight a few years ago (gained it all back lol ) I still felt fat even though I knew I was skinny. But when I look back at old pictures I could see the difference, it takes time to really "see" the weight loss in yourself
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've got the same issue. It's changed, but most of my loss has been from my trunk. I've still got quite a ways to go though so hoping it catches up!
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Your body determines where it wants to remove the fat from, you have no say in this its all your horomones.
    Your body can lose weight in different areas more than the last time, it won't always be the same areas first.