• nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats :)
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! :) you look amazing.
    What was your bf% when you were a "fluffy mom"? Did that classify you as "skinny fat"? I have a similar body type right now (not exactly the same tho).

My bodyfat "before" was 37.9%. Contest bodyfat was 5.9%. My "normal" bodyfat now, just walking around being me, is around 12-13%. This is all done with caliper testing.

I never really thought about whether or not I was "skinny fat". I just knew I was squishy, weak, and unhealthy. Some people can carry some extra bodyweight and still feel good physically...I was not one of those people. :)
  • liftnlove_
    Options
    OP, you look incredible! How much time did it take you to get those results?

My "before" pics were taken Jan 7, 2012. Contest pics were March 15, 2014...so a little over 2 years total. I look more like the top several "after" pictures, and my profile pic now...you have to take into consideration that "contest-ready" means you're dehydrated and sodium-depleted. That level of leanness is not maintainable for more than a few days. ;)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    OP, you look incredible! How much time did it take you to get those results?

My "before" pics were taken Jan 7, 2012. Contest pics were March 15, 2014...so a little over 2 years total. I look more like the top several "after" pictures, and my profile pic now...you have to take into consideration that "contest-ready" means you're dehydrated and sodium-depleted. That level of leanness is not maintainable for more than a few days. ;)

only about two years? that is amazing! you must have trained very hard.

i was checking out the link you provided with your workout routines, it says that it is not really up to date. Has it changed much since you wrote that?
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You're incredible!! Your success story really resonates with me and is super inspiring and awesome. What a great role model you are for your kids and other mamas!!
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!
  • wendy0210
    wendy0210 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazing!!!

Can I ask a dumb question though? Why is everyone so tanned in competition pics? Does tanning help show off the lines of muscle better or something? Just my opinion, of course, but I think people would look better if not so tanned...no offense intended...I just always wondered that. Thanks!
  • liftnlove_
    Options
    It hasn't changed that much...my current workout schedule is on my profile :)
  • liftnlove_
    Options

Can I ask a dumb question though? Why is everyone so tanned in competition pics? Does tanning help show off the lines of muscle better or something? Just my opinion, of course, but I think people would look better if not so tanned...no offense intended...I just always wondered that. Thanks!

No offense taken, and I happen to agree with you. ;) The tan is ridiculous!! Lol!! It is pretty much mandatory though, if you want a prayer of doing well. The tan serves a purpose...you can see muscle definition much more clearly with a dark tan, and it prevents your hard-earned definition from being washed out under extremely bright stage lights. I couldn't wait to shower it off though. ;)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look fantastic!
  • Deleval417
    Deleval417 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Admirable!
  • wendy0210
    wendy0210 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

No offense taken, and I happen to agree with you. ;) The tan is ridiculous!! Lol!! It is pretty much mandatory though, if you want a prayer of doing well. The tan serves a purpose...you can see muscle definition much more clearly with a dark tan, and it prevents your hard-earned definition from being washed out under extremely bright stage lights. I couldn't wait to shower it off though. ;)

Ah yes, I should have thought about the lighting issue. I figured it had something to do with seeing definition. You look fantastic, with or without the tan :) I'm happy you weren't offended by my question.
  • raevyn70
    raevyn70 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! You are very motivational.. Thank you for sharing your story, it gives me some hope. You rock!
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Oh my!
    You look incredible!!!

Thank you for sharing
    RAWR
  • 45thin
    45thin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!! What an inspiration!! Thanks so much for sharing and for pics!
  • kpalazzolo73
    Options
    How did you get those abs?! I too have risen from the "mom blob". I've worked out regularly for about 3-years. However, I have just added more strength and have been eating right for about a month. I have a very strong core, but I can't seem to get any definition because of the looser belly skin after my 3 kids. I know that great abs are made in the kitchen and I am on that path, but I don't see your abs at the end of my road! Any pointers?
  • Sherbear1109
    Sherbear1109 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You are just plain awesome! You look amazing now. Your description of how motherhood hits is so accurate. The sheer exhaustion that comes with it just isn't something you can understand without going through it, much less prepare for. My youngest thought sleep was for the birds and didn't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time until he was 8 months and then it was sporadic. That meant I basically did my best to stay awake for the first year or so of his life and just crashed when I could. It is amazing what us women can do. You are a shining example of how we can come out of that haze of early motherhood and reclaim our lost bodies and selves, not only for ourself, but for our families as well. You can't give your kids and mate your all if you're burnt out and exhausted. Bravo, bravo!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Bumping because my job blocks all the good pix...

Your story is fantastic!
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You are a BADASS. Such an inspiration. Amazing job!
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all that hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!