Binged this morning? What should I do?

Options
I ate 1450 calories just this morning and I have the whole entire day left. I find that I can't stop thinking about food and when I do eat, I binge. This is the first time I binged in a month. I feel absolutely horrible. My main question is, what should I do for the rest of the day; eat a 150 calorie salad for dinner and nothing else for the rest of the day or try to burn off at least 200 so that I have more room for a snack later on. I'm on maintenance right now, but the scale hasn't been giving me much to be happy about these past few days. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• cailynsmom79
    Options
    Addiction sucks..and to be addicted to something that is legal and ALWAYS around - well that sucks even more. I know how you feel exactly.

I would suggest fruits/veggies for the remainder. Do not beat yourself up - tomorrow is a new day. Just make sure you learn from this and think abt this feeling of regret, the next time you may want to binge. :-D
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    Sometimes off days happen. What I would do is workout, and make a healthy dinner. You can start fresh tomorrow. What I wouldnt do is say to yourself 'well I already blew my day so why not go eat whatever for lunch and dinner too'.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Sometimes off days happen. What I would do is workout, and make a healthy dinner. You can start fresh tomorrow. What I wouldnt do is say to yourself 'well I already blew my day so why not go eat whatever for lunch and dinner too'.

this. Don't beat yourself up. You made a bad choice. Forgive yourself and make better ones for the rest of the day. Tomorrow, start over with better choices at the beginning of the day. :flowerforyou:
  • RestartingAgain1
    Options
    Drink some water, go for a walk. Don't obsess over it. Eat a healthy lunch/ dinner later. If youre hungry later, dont deprive yourself just because you binged. Move on and learn from it. :)
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hopefully it will keep you full for a while :)

I'd expect to go over for today, and possibly do some damage control over the course of the next week.
  • mstripes
    mstripes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Exercise and finish the day as if you had not binged. Start tomorrow fresh. Without knowing your calorie budget........ 3500 calories=1 pound. If your breakfast is 1000 calories over 'normal' you gained less than 1/3 pound if nothing else changes and you stay within budget for the rest of the day, not counting the extra. in the grand picture 1000 calories over once will not mean much just don't make it a habit.

Beating yourself up over it will not help either.
  • mish26
    mish26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

This. Don't beat yourself up. Just eat a normal lunch and dinner and eat healthy again tomorrow. ((HUGS))
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    shake if off. eat a sensible lunch and dinner and get back on track throughout the week.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Eat your regular food or slightly less if it's not going to cause you grief- and go work out and do better tomorrow.

Remember average trend line for the week is more important than a day to day event.
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Don't stress over it! It happened...plenty of time left in the week to consume below yoru daily allotment to allow you to end up under for the week.... It's a journey.... it happens...

Good luck!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i thought this said "banged this morning" and i was going to come in and post a high-five gif.

as far as binging this morning, try to adjust for it the rest of the day and pick back up tomorrow.

one day isnt going to kill your progress.
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just checked out your diary, and frankly if I were eating what you eat I would be constantly thinking about food too! I would suggest adding in SOME type of exercise on a regular basis and eating some more substantial meals.
  • dmeyers1969
    dmeyers1969 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Eat reasonable the rest of the day and start again tomorrow!
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    is exercise an option?
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a Netflix problem, cause I do that all the time. It can suck a whole weekend away if I don't watch myself.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Detox
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I just checked out your diary, and frankly if I were eating what you eat I would be constantly thinking about food too! I would suggest adding in SOME type of exercise on a regular basis and eating some more substantial meals.

Yep. If I ate nothing but nuts, I'd be starving. Eat a more balanced breakfast. Plan your meals ahead of time rather than guessing what you will have leftover for the rest of the day.
  • ObsessedMonster
    ObsessedMonster Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I weight lift 2-3 times a week with some cardio on rest days. I just don't think it's enough.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'd eat reasonable but a bit on the light side at each meal (250 calories per meal or so) for the remainder of the day and use those extra calories today to fuel a workout.
  • Cycle4Life99
    Options
    This is delightfully simple! Put yourself back on track right away .... don't delay. Get some physical activity and don't punish yourself any more because it's NOT going to help. As of right now, you're back on it.