Saying goodbye to Weight Watchers

Options
Hi,

My name is Kristyn and I'm a 26 year old Teaching Assistant from Grimsby.

I have been a member of Weight Watchers for more than a year and have lost a significant amount of weight, but after plateauing for a number of months I have made the decision to try something different and become accountable to myself rather than a company. I've decided to treat this as a fresh start and count my current weight as my "start weight" to refresh my motivation and enthusiasm.

I go to the gym three times a week, where I do spinning and body pump classes. I don't really enjoy exercise but know I need to do it to get where I want to be! I have around a stone and a half to lose (ish).

I would love some buddies to help and support me on my journey and I'd especially love to befriend anyone local to me!

Replies

• Cycle4Life99
    Options
    Weight Watchers did not work for me! My Fitness Pal and my Registered Dietitian have worked wonders so far. Of course my journey began at 362 pounds and I'm at 291 on the way to 225.
  • misskj1988
    misskj1988 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers did not work for me! My Fitness Pal and my Registered Dietitian have worked wonders so far. Of course my journey began at 362 pounds and I'm at 291 on the way to 225.

It worked really well for me initially, I lost 21lbs in the first 6 months...but then nothing other than the odd pound up and down since then. I now want a new routine and a healthy lifestyle that can be a permanent change rather than something that feels temporary. Well done on your weight loss, that's amazing! :)
  • lessofless
    lessofless Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I really liked Weight Watchers. But I let it go for financial reasons. I couldn't justify it when there are great sites available for free. I only ever did the online version though. No meetings for me.
  • misskj1988
    misskj1988 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really liked Weight Watchers. But I let it go for financial reasons. I couldn't justify it when there are great sites available for free. I only ever did the online version though. No meetings for me.

It is a massive financial burden, I must admit. I went to meetings and did find my leader very supportive, but have had much more support on Instagram. I must admit it is a scary prospect not having the weekly commitment of attending the meetings but I'm hoping I'm strong enough to go it alone!