The Scale Doesn't Lie

Options
New to the site and installed the app on my android phone to help with calorie counting. here's a little bit about me.

31 year old Married New Daddy from Detroit. Battling obesity and blogging about his life, Wife & Journey to lose over 200lbs.

I've struggled with my weight all my life and have tried every diet you could think of. I'm on a mission to lose over 200lbs. The only thing that has ever worked for em was counting calories. This is my goal to stay on track. If I log my food and can see the numbers then it works. I have proven it in the past.

i hope you all succeed in your goals and I hope you join me on my journey.

Replies

• aallison85
    aallison85 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Congrats on beginning this journey! Calorie counting is the only sure fire thing to work. It may be a good idea to post your food diary for all to see, which you can find in the food settings. Then you are accountable and the community can help you make changes when you struggle. Good luck!
  • lauralonglocks
    Options
    Good luck! :) I'm also just starting out
  • Ladyloraella
    Ladyloraella Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    I've just joined too from downloading the app and I've only been on two days and everyone is so supportive and friendly plus its FREE!!

x
  • bbwstarr
    bbwstarr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I will have to check out your blog.
  • billylindsay
    billylindsay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good luck, strength to u and stay focused
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I agree -- counting calories is the best way to do it. As long as I keep with it, it works like a charm. Obviously, when I stop, so does the weight loss. And I love the Android app, too. It helps make tracking more convenient.

I like to take body measurements as well, which I toss into a spreadsheet and generate graphs that show my numbers decreasing. It's an awesome motivation booster!

Will definitely follow your blog. :-)

-Trish
  • armywifeliz
    Options
    You CAN do this! Good luck on it, and remember, even on your worst day when you feel like it's a waste of time, keep doing it. The good days will out weigh the bad, and for everyday you spend gettng healthier, you're adding minutes to your life, and adding moments spent with your family. (I have to remember that, too.)

-Liz