Rice

Options
I know I know... I should use a food scale, but I would be so grateful if someone could post a picture of cooked rice and its respective weight (cooked or uncooked weight, i don't mind so long as you let me know). I am having rice tonight and due to circumstances cannot weigh it, I will just be scooping cooked rice from a bowl.

I know rice is heavy on calories, I am prepared.

Thank you.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Google "1/2 cup rice picture" and several will display.
  • storyborey
    storyborey Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Thanks, I did that but the pictures that come up don't look at all like 1/2 cup rice, and even then the websites don't say if it's cooked or uncooked.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Thanks, I did that but the pictures that come up don't look at all like 1/2 cup rice, and even then the websites don't say if it's cooked or uncooked.

Hmm, odd that different pictures would come up for you. All the pics that displayed for me were obviously cooked and several were on a plate with other food which provided something to measure against for size context. Oh well.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You don't have a measuring cup?

You don't know whether the pictures of rice are cooked or uncooked? :huh:
  • storyborey
    Options
    You don't have a measuring cup?

You don't know whether the pictures of rice are cooked or uncooked? :huh:

I knew if it was cooked or not. I didn't know if, when the description said 1 cup of rice, for example, whether it was 1 cup when cooked or 1 cup when uncooked. I do have a measuring cup but that's not practical when I'm in the company of people who look down on me for measuring. That's why I asked.
  • aapayette
    aapayette Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use a soup ladle for my rice.....my soup ladle measures half a cup exactly so it works perfectly.

And it's for cooked rice
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Is this at home or away? I found some serving spoons that are 1/2 cup measuring. It isn't obvious to anyone else that I'm measuring...just looks like I'm getting a spoonful.
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I use a soup ladle for my rice.....my soup ladle measures half a cup exactly so it works perfectly.

And it's for cooked rice
    What a fantastic idea :flowerforyou:
  • Janette3x4
    Janette3x4 Posts: 135
    Options
    I eat brown rice 3-4 times a week. (plant based diet) and I will cook one cup rice in 2 cups water. Then, use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to serve. I think the whole pot is 8 one half cup servings.
  • storyborey
    Options
    Is this at home or away? I found some serving spoons that are 1/2 cup measuring. It isn't obvious to anyone else that I'm measuring...just looks like I'm getting a spoonful.

This is such a good idea! It was away, hence the slightly last minute topic! But for I am definitely going to look for some 1/2 measure spoons, thank you for the idea.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    from playing in the kitchen, I've learned that if I cup one hand, that is approximately half a cup.