P90x

Options
Has anyone did the yoga x on p90x? I did and i hate it, i ended up doing the cadio x instead of this exercise it is so boring for an hour and a half? Does anyone know of anything else i can do instead of this one?:smile:

Replies

• DarcysLosingIt
    DarcysLosingIt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hated it also. I don't even think I finished the first hour. I just made that my cardio day and did my own thing
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Has anyone did the yoga x on p90x? I did and i hate it, i ended up doing the cadio x instead of this exercise it is so boring for an hour and a half? Does anyone know of anything else i can do instead of this one?:smile:

Tony put out another Yoga program through his one on one series called Fountain of Youth. I have heard only good things about it. With that said Yoga is a very important part of P90X.
  • cozzy530
    Options
    I did two rounds of P90X and skipped the Yoga both times. I did the X stretch instead and a run. I gave it a good shot for about 5 weeks but even after 160+ days of P90X I am still not limber enough to do most of the positions. I agree that it is pretty boring but Yoga is good for you because of the stretching. You will still finish P90X fine but will not be as limber as you would if you can get through the Yoga. I can barely touch my toes now and only after a lot of stretching. If you can force yourself though it I would recommend it but you can do like I did and do a extra day of stretching instead.
  • I did my first Yoga X on Wednesday and I actually liked it. I didn't think I would but I didn't mind it at all and time flew by for me
  • cjmariani
    Options
    I too am using P90x and am also skipping the Yoga. I get totally unmotivated and bored when I do it, so for me I'm better skipping it and doing some other cardio exercise. I also tore the meniscus in my right knee, and possibly my left, doing plyometrics, so for now I just do 1 hour on an elliptical machine on that day, and for back and leg day I do other leg exercises which don't stress my knees (abductor, aductor, calf raises). I'm scheduled to see a knee surgeon soon.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I am really learning to like it. I've never done yoga in my life, but after having knee problems when running my first marathon, knowing I want to run another, I know the important of yoga. I also add at least one extra x-stretch per week. I have fountain of youth and haven't tried it yet, but definitely see the benefits of pushing myself on the yoga. I get up 1/2 hour early on Monday to start my week off with Yoga - it puts me in a good head space for the Monday.
  • needa1
    needa1 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i did get through about 30 mins of it my first day, but it is just a really long exercise, so i guess i might just have to love it, i am already really flexible anyways, so the moves were easy for me it was just so boring, not as up tempo as the other exercises, so i think i may just split that day up and do 30 mins and then the cardio x, it has the yoga in it at the beginning, and i try that and see if it works better.
  • aeleton
    aeleton Posts: 171
    Options
    I hate it too. I substitute Plyo for it, bc Plyo is my favorite one, and i am doing the lean program, and plyo is not part of it. However, i do the yoga in cardio, and thats enough for me!!!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It took me TWENTY WEEKS to learn to appreciate Yoga X. TWENTY WEEKS! When I switched to a different program that didn't include a yoga session, you know what happened? I got hurt and was out for 8 weeks.

Most people don't like yoga because it's hard, both physically and mentally. So, you gonna' give up for that one reason? I gained an incredible amount of strength, improved my flexibility, and stayed injury free by doing yoga. So, JUST DO IT! A cardio workout is not a good replacement for yoga.

Also, if time is an issue, do the first 45 minutes. IMO, that's the most important part of Yoga X anyhow.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with the P90X yoga too. It's too long, and I feel like a failure! I'm thinking of doing my Wii Fit yoga instead or else the P90x stretch plus some time on the eliptical. Even different Yoga at a studio would be better for me than Tony's extreme version...
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    Options
    P90X yoga is pretty difficult I have to say, but I really enjoy it! Jillian Michaels has a yoga DVD that has both a level 1 and a level 2 on it and I like those, too...a lot shorter than P90X but still challenging!