Craving a down and dirty burger!

Options
Ok so I am really craving a real burger. Not one I make in the George Forman grill or a turkey burger. But I mean a down and dirty real bad for you with all the fixings burger from Hardee. It TOM time and I can say no but I don't want to binge later. Technically I I had some fried food Sunday (didn't know TOM was starting Monday..... never been regular) and I was craving fried so I gave in a little and got the fix. Today I'm going along fine then it's hit me. That craving for a burger and I go to the freezer to grab the turkey burger out and I'm like no I don't want this. I guess my question is do I give in a little and workout harder later or just say no. Women please help me! I'm trying to stay in my weekly macros and deficit. Been doing great till this week.......

Replies

• MyouTakaraTriesAgain
    Options
    Don't obsess.

If you really want it, make it fit into your daily macros. And if it doesn't quite fit...that's okay sometimes. Really. SOMETIMES is the key here.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Have the burger. Save your sanity.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. Maybe you could split one with someone! I've been trying to figure that out myself. Good luck.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    One burger won't break you. Eat it.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

This. And get a better one than a Hardees burger!!!

Oh, and in your profile it says you are 35, halfway to 40. Nope. You're halfway to 70, not 40. Have a nice day!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I would eat one... I always eat what I want. Life is too damn short.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    have the burger!!

Sometimes I just go to Burger King and get a Whopper Jr. just to have it! (Better than eating a regular one - right!?!)
  • jenna40_2go
    jenna40_2go Posts: 101
    Options
    Lol that's what I was thinking..... everything all of you said! It won't kill me once and I figure if I give in a little I went binge later! I really just love this place and everyone here for just being understanding. My hubby would tell me to be strong don't give but damn it he's not a woman! Lol
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Eat the burger! I have burgers and I make it fit into my calories for the day!
  • jenna40_2go
    Options

This. And get a better one than a Hardees burger!!!

Oh, and in your profile it says you are 35, halfway to 40. Nope. You're halfway to 70, not 40. Have a nice day!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Ok I really like you! That halfway to seventy really makes me feel better!!!! Friend requesting!
  • ceh5h
    ceh5h Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of get it if you want it, but resolve to not eat it all. I cut off a quarter or something (usually by weight), then bin the rest (I know, it's a horrible waste of food and money). Bin it before you taste the rest! The bit you have, satisfies the craving. The bit you throw away, well, that's for your waistline.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Don't obsess.

If you really want it, make it fit into your daily macros. And if it doesn't quite fit...that's okay sometimes. Really. SOMETIMES is the key here.

Yep, yep, yep. Enjoy it, work hard and don't dwell.
  • jenna40_2go
    Options
    I'm a big fan of get it if you want it, but resolve to not eat it all. I cut off a quarter or something (usually by weight), then bin the rest (I know, it's a horrible waste of food and money). Bin it before you taste the rest! The bit you have, satisfies the craving. The bit you throw away, well, that's for your waistline.

I like that idea! Now I'm going to go try it! If I don't toss it oh well I will make up the difference over the week!
  • ceh5h
    Options
    I want to delete my previous post. I don't post here, because I know my habits are unhealthy and I don't want to pass them on. I can't figure out how to delete. I'm sorry.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    bbbbuger.gif

"Eat me."
  • ceh5h
    Options

I like that idea! Now I'm going to go try it! If I don't toss it oh well I will make up the difference over the week!

Well okay now I don't feel so bad about my post!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, what is your calorie goal?

*pleasedontsay1200*
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I want to delete my previous post. I don't post here, because I know my habits are unhealthy and I don't want to pass them on. I can't figure out how to delete. I'm sorry.

If you know your habits are unhealthy, why do you do them??
  • splott2k
    splott2k Posts: 5
    Options
    No idea what TOM is, but I vote make a real one. real lean beef, grilled outside, skip bun, bacon or cheese, but throw on some salsa and guac, lettuce, tomato...yummmm... :)

(I think it goes without saying that you should work it into your macros, make sure you get a workout or if it's a rest day then a walk, etc. no need to be reckless here. ;) )
  • ceh5h
    Options

If you know your habits are unhealthy, why do you do them??

Mental illness, mostly. I'm not stupid, I have a PhD, I just... you know, some habits are difficult to break, especially when they're rooted in mental health problems. It's horrid. I'm sorry for making this about me.